Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Border Security.. 2nd WHV Fraud... Refused Entry

Options
  • 22-03-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭

Was watching Border Security last night and the old 2nd WHV Rort showed up. An Irish guy by the name of Declan Deeley (or Dooley) got refused entry for supplying fraudulent information to obtain a 2nd WHV.

Claims he bought the information from some guy called Stephen for $1000.

Here is the link http://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/border-security/-/watch/6954995/sun-21-mar-episode-6/?play=1

Apologies if it doesn't work outside of Australia ... I would love to download the episode and edit & post it on youtube only Channel7 website wont allow me to download it... if anyone knows a way around this let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

It's not available in Ireland but if you check out download.com you could find a flash player downloader to save the video to your desktop and edit away then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

It's not available in Ireland but if you check out download.com you could find a flash player downloader to save the video to your desktop and edit away then!

Tried a few different FLV but none of them sniff out this video... Channel 7 probably don't want it shared out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Tried a few different FLV but none of them sniff out this video... Channel 7 probably don't want it shared out.

Replay Media Catcher works on all those protected flash sites (I've used it a few times)

http://www.applian.com/download-videos/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I had to laugh when they subtitled him.

They usually do subtitle Irish people when on these shows....

Here is an old one from the old 2nd passport double dipping scam its a few years old now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSpSGiiJTQ

I reckon the guy Damien from his accent he is from around Newry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

damn you work interwebs restrictions! will have to check this out later.

Replay Media Catcher works on all those protected flash sites (I've used it a few times)

http://www.applian.com/download-videos/

Just tried this one no luck, anyone any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Just tried this one no luck, anyone any other ideas?

Try this one it's a different tool to my last post that captures part of the screen you choose

http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeh I'm a bit f*cked for getting my second year WHV, was only able to work 10 weeks in regional work, so Im about 2 weeks short of the 3 months required.

Was going to just lie about when I started that job, what are the chances of getting caught?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

roryc wrote: »
    Was going to just lie about when I started that job, what are the chances of getting caught?

They're onto the Irish now, the chances are high. Very high.

• Advertisement

yeh but its not outright lying like in most cases where people are coming up with fake ABN's etc. I had a job for about 74 days, think you need 88 to get the second WHV

Do you reckon theres any chance of discretion on the part of the Border Security? I could always say it was an honest mistake.

The other thing I was thinking was to just put down the correct dates and hope they don't notice it doesn't add up to 74. Again I would be relying on the discretion of Border Security though if caught...

What do y'all reckon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

roryc wrote: »
    yeh but its not outright lying like in most cases where people are coming up with fake ABN's etc. I had a job for about 74 days, think you need 88 to get the second WHV

Do you reckon theres any chance of discretion on the part of the Border Security? I could always say it was an honest mistake.

The other thing I was thinking was to just put down the correct dates and hope they don't notice it doesn't add up to 74. Again I would be relying on the discretion of Border Security though if caught...

What do y'all reckon :)
    You also have to fill in the number of days, so if you put down 74 it won't through.

Why don't you get a job for two weeks to make it up to 88 days

Im back home already, tried to get the extra two weeks at the end but couldn't find anything at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Just apply, say 88 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Apply say 88 days, the thing is they ring/contact the farmer to see did you work there so unless the farmer is an AHOLE he should cover for you? I think they are really clamping down on the guys who are doing no farm work and jut buying ABNs and chancing their arms like Declan there in Border Control!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lil_pip

Apply say 88 days, the thing is they ring/contact the farmer to see did you work there so unless the farmer is an AHOLE he should cover for you? I think they are really clamping down on the guys who are doing no farm work and jut buying ABNs and chancing their arms like Declan there in Border Control!

the farmers got alot to lose for lying to dima(department or immigration and multicultural affairs)about employing people on working visas

For all you folks who couldn't view the Video I managed to suck it out of my Foxtel box and edited it down to the relevant bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

When he was reiterating to Declan to tell the truth.. would it have made a difference? Can they use their own discretion or has it gone too far at this stage? If Declan had said he left it too late to do regional work and had been duped into giving over $1,000 could they have shown compassion and let him in?

I noticed in the other one the immigration official kept asking the Irish lad to tell the truth as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

State of these fcuking idiots, as if its the crime of the century. The real crime is the free labour that ****ers in the sticks milk out of people who try their hand at farm labouring. I got mine from rural construction, but not after having been shafted by some farmers for 6 bucks a day. Why dont they clamp down on the shocking work conditions on many farms instead of deporting some lad who is here to do jobs Aussies wont do? (it is a fact that there is no such thing as unemployment in urban Australia. The 5% of NSW who are on the scratch are lazy, simple as)

Still, I doubt your man paid a grand for his ABN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

To be fair, I busted my arse finding and finishing my farm work, 14-16 hour days ten days on three off, for my 2nd WHV and I don't really have much sympathy for someone who copied some randoms ABN details and just wants to bludge his way back in, The reasons for the system are obvious, Aussies don't want to work on farms, its hard dirty work in the back arse of nowhere, but its their country and if they can find cushy work, more luck to them, To get an extra 12 months on your visa here, all you have to do is 88 days of it, its not a bad deal, and when people started taking the piss, immi had to do something about it. I know a few people who have been turned back, they took a chance that it wouldn't be checked, now they've been excluded for 3 years. Unlucky but thats life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

State of these fcuking idiots, as if its the crime of the century.
    No country is real keen on immigration laws being flouted.
    The real crime is the free labour that ****ers in the sticks milk out of people who try their hand at farm labouring.
    I am sure nobody was forced to work anywhere
    I got mine from rural construction,
    Maybe you took that job of an Aussie who wanted it?
    Why dont they clamp down on the shocking work conditions on many farms
    Did you report the farms you where on?
    instead of deporting some lad who is here to do jobs Aussies wont do?
    So you complain you where being ripped off by working for 6 bucks a day , then are aghast at why aussie's wont work for 6 bucks a day.

Hope your enjoying your time here.

I got mine from rural construction, but not after having been shafted by some farmers for 6 bucks a day. Why dont they clamp down on the shocking work conditions on many farms instead of deporting some lad who is here to do jobs Aussies wont do? (it is a fact that there is no such thing as unemployment in urban Australia. The 5% of NSW who are on the scratch are lazy, simple as)

Hey thats funny

I know a lot of Paddy contractors who hire Irish lads on WHV, they told me that there is a myth that some Irish backpackers believe (or been told) that Aussie's are bone lazy and that Irish people are better workers blah blah.... They told me that for every decent WHV worker they employ there would be at least 2 others that are unreliable, wrong attitude or up themselves that they have to give them the shoe after a few weeks.

Most of these guys hire only on recommendation from the old hands...

For all you WHV lads who find it difficult to find casual work.... every year it gets harder because more employers get burnt by the above attitude.

Advertisement