Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to purchase film?

• 22-03-2010 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

I ordered up a pack of 5 rolls of Ilford HP5 for 20 euros today from Conns; is there any other vendor who is local (Europe) or offers a broader range of film stock?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I was using 7dayshop, they have always some film close to expiry date, so quite cheap. And I don't care about expiry dates ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

been a while since i bought film, but i think i remember paying €3.60 for rolls of 120 in gunns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

7Dayshop.co.uk for practically everything. I just got a bunch of stuff from ag-photographic, including some ektar, for which they claim the cheapest price in the UK, but more than offset by their minimum £15 P&P ...
    Also, macodirect I've gotten some stuff from aswell, namely efke IR film and diafine.
    In all cases try and order as big a pile of stuff as possible, or go splitzies with people, to try and offset the postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

50 gbp/100ft on E-bay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

50 gbp/100ft on E-bay.

Actually, that's something I've never really considered. Now that I shoot Tri-X about 95% of the time in B&W I should probably look into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I use 7dayshop so +1 for that!

As Daire said try order in bulk to get more for you money.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Advertisement