Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

joe841 wrote: »
    Question about wd 1911pd I bought on this site. How long should a CO2 last in gun if never fired? I put a CO2 in the gun fired it twice and 2 days later gas was all gone. Is that normal or is there a leak?

I know its not about a post but new to the airsoft.

Cheers

Joe

Better to start a thread in Airsoft Technical or Questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

I'm just wondering if you can post one asking for opinions on price so you know how much it would sell for and then decide whether to post it or not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I'm just wondering if you can post one asking for opinions on price so you know how much it would sell for and then decide whether to post it or not.
    No, you must have an asking price when posting here.

You can start a thread in Airsoft Questions if you want opinions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

Can anyone advise on a tactical vest or ammo chest rig that will cater for the G36c mags. Just a brand name will do, I'll hunt the Internet for it after that. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Migworks wrote: »
    Can anyone advise on a tactical vest or ammo chest rig that will cater for the G36c mags. Just a brand name will do, I'll hunt the Internet for it after that. Thanks
    Check retailers. www.flecktarn.co.uk or www.asmc.de both sell rigs and vests for the g36 also the mag pouches if required

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Please use airsoft questions for asking brands of vests as this thread is for questions regarding the rules of airsoft adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I
    andy_g wrote: »
    rules of airsfot adverts.

Rules of Airsoft adverts too
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Migworks

andy_g wrote: »
    Please use airsoft questions for asking brands of vests as this thread is for questions regarding the rules of airsoft adverts.

Ok did not realize there are two Airsoft Q's going and thought this was the place to ask.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭granny_slayer

Hello, I am getting some gear from my mate abroad and I plan on selling it here, can I post up a thread in airsoft adverts to see is there much interest??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

no price/ interest checks allowed, and depending on how much you are importing to selling here may have you classed as a commercial entity and banned from adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭granny_slayer

No, He's just sending me his old gear, few bits and bobs you know yourself! I don't need it so I plan on selling it here if that's ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

No, He's just sending me his old gear, few bits and bobs you know yourself! I don't need it so I plan on selling it here if that's ok ?
    that should be ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 455 ✭✭UMP45

why would you get an infraction if you sold your gun somewhere else, bit stupid isn't it, you ant be limited to the one place you want to sell your gun because of the rules of a particular site....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi,

If there's no interest in your item here then you should mark it withdrawn (or use the report feature and a mod will do it) and then you are free to sell elsewhere.

If you sell elsewhere when there are people actively interested here, then yes, its a rule breach and we won't be happy.

We put a lot of work into running this place on a voluntary basis and, in return, all we ask that the rules are followed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanskyline

I no this prob sounds so stupid but how do i edit a thread as when i go into my thread i cant edit it only my posts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

You are only allowed to edit your own posts. Why would you want to edit someone else's post

If you need something done, repost the post and say what you would like done or PM a moderator. Reporting it is probably the quickest.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanskyline

Dogwatch wrote: »
    You are only allowed to edit your own posts. Why would you want to edit someone else's post

If you need something done, repost the post and say what you would like done or PM a moderator. Reporting it is probably the quickest.

Oh no sorry i created a thread called bits and bobs and i want to mark the things off i no longer need but dont no how :)

If a thread or post is more than 48 hours old then only a mod can edit it - drop one of us a pm or report the post you want changed and we'll be happy to assist you :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 davydas

anyone have an ak74 for swap

• Advertisement

This thread is for rules questions only davydas, if you post pics of what you have for swap in your thread then it might help.
    You also need to include FPS ratings for the items as it's part of the rules here and nobody will be interested in case the items are above the limit. :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=368072259911530&set=a.368071129911643.98125.100001262778264&type=3&theater
    The fps is 320 its fully upgraded it has a twisted barrel,hi speed motor,red dot,silencer,sling and comes with 2 mags and lipo battery

You need to post that on your wanted thread mate, not here :)

I also need to ask you, are you over 16? You must be at least 16 to use this forum.

im 22 mate

Continuing this with davydas via pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Wonder if one of the Moderators could cast an eye over this thread and advise as to who should have first refusal oin the item offered please.

No prob, posted on the thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ShadowFox

There seems to be some confusion between MODs on the profiteering rule here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056747381 you have dryndantheman banned for 1 week for trying to charge over double what he paid for the launcher and nades bought here on boards for what Dogwatch seen as Profiteering which I and other members agree with 100%
    Then here you have a MOD thremo http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056747215 (before he edited the post) asking for nearly 3 times (€50 posted or €40 collected) what he paid for the vest and nothing said to him and no ban issued When I asked on the Feedback page is there one rule for MODs and another rule for the rest of us thermo answered with "trying to sell an item (not scarce or high in demand) for less than half the price of the same item as new is not profiteering.
    maybe re read the rules to understand them better or if you need help with definitions post here and have them explained."
    So can someone (other than thermo) please tell me what is Profiteering as boards sees it And which MOD is right here

The rules on profiteering are clear:
    Steve wrote: »
    Profiteering:
    What is Profiteering?
    Profiteering is selling an item above RRP because it's scarce in supply and / or in high demand and is not permitted.

This is not to be confused with selling for a profit - which is not a rule breach in itself.

The cases you cited there are being discussed between the mods. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Steve wrote: »
    The rules on profiteering are clear:

This is not to be confused with selling for a profit - which is not a rule breach in itself.

The cases you cited there are being discussed between the mods. :)

But when the seller is challenged and shown how much they paid for an item; purchased second hand off someone else on boards.ie (which is what happened to thermo), I would consider their behaviour to be in incredibly poor taste & very much against the spirit of the charter, if not the absolute letter of the definition on profiteering.

Advertisement