Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brugmand

Hi, i am wondering if i want to trade a non airsoft thing for one that is do i start a thread on the airsoft page or the non airsoft page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Steve wrote: »
    If someone posts a WANTED ad for a specific Airsoft item and they are offering to trade a non airsoft item then it's within the charter.

If someone lists a non-Airsoft item and they are only looking to trade for "something Airsoft related" then it breaches the charter.

The emphasis of the ad must be on the Airsoft item, not the non-Airsoft item.

Is that what you're asking?
    brugmand wrote: »
    Hi, i am wondering if i want to trade a non airsoft thing for one that is do i start a thread on the airsoft page or the non airsoft page
    does this help? the thread goes in the airsoft adverts section with the emphasis on what you want not what you are offering.

also the add must be looking for something specific eg.
    xbox 360 to trade for a G&G MP5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brugmand

Oh and another question can you just start a thread or do you need permission from a mod?

no permission needed to start a thread, once its within the rules of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

probably been asked already but if u recieve a pm stating buyer has pulled out of sale can u then bump back up your add stating this or do u have to wait till 24 hours from the last post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

brenak47 wrote: »
    probably been asked already but if u recieve a pm stating buyer has pulled out of sale can u then bump back up your add stating this or do u have to wait till 24 hours from the last post

If a buyer withdraws from a sale then you can post straight away saying that the item is backup for sale as it is new information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

I have a thread called ''Gear Clearout'' wherein I'm selling parts and that sort of thing, is it possible for me to create another for-sale thread for a KWA MP9?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

As it is not listed on the other thread, Yes, go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

I can't find an answer for this: Can I sell an non-airsoft item for specific airsoft item?

Steve wrote: »
    If someone posts a WANTED ad for a specific Airsoft item and they are offering to trade a non airsoft item then it's within the charter.

If someone lists a non-Airsoft item and they are only looking to trade for "something Airsoft related" then it breaches the charter.

The emphasis of the ad must be on the Airsoft item, not the non-Airsoft item.

Is that what you're asking?
    I can't find an answer for this: Can I sell an non-airsoft item for specific airsoft item?

As mentioned in an earlier reply by Steve if you wish to TRADE non airsoft items for a specific airsoft item that is OK

However you need to mention exactly what you are after and not just "something airsoft"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I'm looking to sell my Dragunov AEG in the near future, but before I place the ad I was wondering, what's the most common way people actually do the transfer? Face to face with cash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

I'm looking to sell my Dragunov AEG in the near future, but before I place the ad I was wondering, what's the most common way people actually do the transfer? Face to face with cash?

Most common methods used when buying and selling here is.

(1) People meet up to test and buy.

(2) Postal order and item sent via post.

(3) Postal order and courier service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Have a read of this as well if you haven't already seen it. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79685177&postcount=12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TyPhOoNpLaYeR

If a mod closes down your thread can it be reopened because a mod closed mine because I created my account on a Mates computer and he thought I was doubling up on accounts

a mod can reopen a locked thread. i suggest you pm the mod in question regarding this.
    do not start another thread selling the same items. read the rules too before posting.

thermo wrote: »
    a mod can reopen a locked thread. i suggest you pm the mod in question regarding this.
    do not start another thread selling the same items. read the rules too before posting.

Where can I see these rules only new to this and I don't know anything, and he wants ID to prove that myself and my mate are two seperate people how can I give him ID on this ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hiya,

You can read the rules here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698847

You can also send a PM to DeBurca to ask why your thread was closed.

Thanks. :)

[AIRSOFT ADVERTS FORUM RULES] Read this before posting (Updated dec 2012)

like i said, pm the mod who locked the thread.

I did he said that I had another account where's I didn't it was my mates account ad he wants ID off both of us like WTF

• Advertisement

Where can I see these rules only new to this and I don't know anything, and he wants ID to prove that myself and my mate are two seperate people how can I give him ID on this ??
    I did he said that I had another account where's I didn't it was my mates account ad he wants ID off both of us like WTF

Dont you remember posting this in your PM to me tonight at 21.42
    What sort of proof would you like( ID )

Now you offered ID it was never requested to which I answered
    It may help

Now you are here telling untruths saying I asked for ID
    Please get your facts right

Now if you wish we can discuss this here or you can return to PM and send me another (that will make the 8th ) about this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭d.one

is there a link so i can leave feedback for items i have bought, i have read what not to do but i cant find the feedback form ,im sure this question has been asked before sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

d.one wrote: »
    is there a link so i can leave feedback for items i have bought, i have read what not to do but i cant find the feedback form ,im sure this question has been asked before sorry

Try here.....http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055848045

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭SuperBlu26

Just wondering what does "bump" mean??

SuperBlu26 wrote: »
    Just wondering what does "bump" mean??
    No excessive bumping.

Bumping is posting something pointless in your thread in order to push it back to the top of the listing in the adverts forum.

You may not 'bump' sooner than 24 hours after the last post on the thread.

Any post is considered bumping except for the following:
    Posting a price drop. (It must be an actual real price drop, i.e. not a drop from €10 to €9.99.. mods reserve the right to judge this)
    Answering a question asked by another user.
    Accepting an offer or negotiating a deal.
    Posting more information about the item for sale (e.g. adding photos, more specifications)
    Moderators decision is final on what constitutes bumping.

Provided 24 hours have passed since the last post, you may simply post 'bump' or 'lil furry kittens' or whatever takes your fancy to bring your ad back to the top.

taken from the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭R34p3r

Hey, I am sorry if the question i have, already had been answered here or in the rules, but i went trough both Threads twice by now and haven't found an answer.

My Problem:
    I offerd a Uniformset, wich sadly had an open Thread on one of the Pouches on the Pants. Because i didnt want to sell anything broken, what i think is understandable, i let the Thread being closed as [WITHDRAWN].
    Now i got the Problem fixed by proper sewing the open Thread again and want to offer the Uniformset again.

Shall i open a new Thread for that or would that be double-Threading and I should better contact a Mod, to reopen the old Thread?

Contact/PM a Mod to have your original thread re-opened, if you have a Link to it even better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭shnburn

DeBurca wrote: »
    Contact/PM a Mod to have your original thread re-opened, if you have a Link to it even better

If i do a straight swap and the petson gives you a dodgy gun after saying its fully working is there anything you can do if youv told then it wont work and they start ignoring you

did you meet in person?
    buying pre used kit is generally on the grounds, sold as seen. do you have a link to the thread where the swap was arranged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭shnburn

did you meet in person?
    buying pre used kit is generally on the grounds, sold as seen. do you have a link to the thread where the swap was arranged?

I got it sorted was bad comunication thanks for the reply tho

Advertisement