Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Sleepershark

Thanks for the reply. I have already PM'd Thermo with the details.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

There's no general answer to this - it depends what point in the process you were at and how much interest was being shown in the item.

e.g.
    was a sale agreed?
    were people making offers at or near asking price?

This would be treated on a case-by case basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭jayatf

Hi lads,
    just a quick question on holding goods, if you are offered what you are asking & PM sent & i give the guy my contact details for him to ring me but never get any word from him in over 6 days, when is it OK to put the item back on the market, i just want to get me facts right before i upset anybody, cheers lads

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

No worries there - I wouldn't expect anyone to wait more than two days for a reply before moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭jayatf

Steve wrote: »
    No worries there - I wouldn't expect anyone to wait more than two days for a reply before moving on.
    Thank you steve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭mini co

can you resell something you bought on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

mini co wrote: »
    can you resell something you bought on boards

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Bolas

Just asking, is it ok for a seller to skip 2 existing offers of Offer Asking on an item and go to the third offer that was make above the asking price? Just checking as not sure how it is viewed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056198934

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Bolas wrote: »
    Just asking, is it ok for a seller to skip 2 existing offers of Offer Asking on an item and go to the third offer that was make above the asking price? Just checking as not sure how it is viewed.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056198934

in this case it seems the seller has opted to sell in one job-lot to make life handier it seems, bit of a grey area.

thermo wrote: »
    in this case it seems the seller has opted to sell in one job-lot to make life handier it seems, bit of a grey area.

Yeah, thats why I'm checking. The items were put up individually with the possibility of selling as a lot. 2 people offer asking and then a third offers more than asking for the lot. I know offering above the asking is going towards auction and not the way things are done here. Just kinda confused on this one because the items were clearly put up individually and wondering if in future it could happen again with offers being ignored even when offering the asking price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

If I may respond as I was the person who made the offer
    The parts were offered as €49 + postage, I offered €50 posted
    It would have been better if I said offer Asking €49 + €1 for postage
    I assume that it will cost in excess of €1 to post the items

wrote:
    8.Asking price rules

* Whoever offers the Asking price first gets first refusal.
    * The Asking price is the last price that the Seller has requested for the item.
    * After the Asking price is met, no user may offer "beyond" this; they may, however, continue to offer that Asking price in case that the first to offer drops out.

The first refusal is what I'm asking about. Not trying to be arguementitive about this one, I didnt even have first refusal on the item, I'm just looking for clarification on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Bolas wrote: »
    The first refusal is what I'm asking about. Not trying to be arguementitive about this one, I didnt even have first refusal on the item, I'm just looking for clarification on it.

I have reported the thread so as to get a ruling on it

DeBurca wrote: »
    I have reported the thread so as to get a ruling on it
    I'll post a ruling there momentarily.
    AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Is it against the charter to PM someone before sale who once had interest to let them know of a price drop to their offer, just incase they dont follow the thread anymore?
    Yes it is - you can ask a mod to do it if you wish - that way the OTD rule is not breached. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cool Breeze

hiya,

can you please tell me how I report a post?
    I have spotted a post where the OP is placing false images of an item, and I would like to report this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cool Breeze

hiya,

can you please tell me how I report a post?
    I have spotted a post where the OP is placing false images of an item, and I would like to report this.

sorry guys, i just remembered: it's the little red sign!
    so silly of me, apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

What is the situation with regards "bumping" of posts? I have seen one member this weekend alone bumping posts after only an hour or two between previous post/bump on thread on a number of their threads. Not really fair on members that obey the charter of rules here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

With excessive bumping once its spotted/reported will be dealt with in a way such as five bumps over 2 days. i would give them a yellow card warning frst of all.

If they continue to bump they will get a day off per bump from the warning so say 3 bumps=3days off and an infraction for breach of charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ajad262

Hi, just wondering how I can amend/edit my original post?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ajad262

Sorry, just figured it out, thanks

• Advertisement

No worries - FYI, you can only edit a post within 48 hours of posting, after that you need to ask a mod to do it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭mini co

how many times can you bump in one day and how do you report something

The report button is under the username on every post - report.gif

One bump per day is acceptable - there's no fixed rule on it yet but for now that's the guideline.

Persistently bumping an ad that there is no interest shown in will probably annoy people and get reported.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭dunnyg36kv

whats a necro thread

A necro thread would be a thread that has been inactive for a few months to a year+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

If I have a wanted ad up and I'm not getting any replies can I bump it once two days after last reply if nothing is happening, and is a further two days after that ok for a bump if there's still no replies? Would this be excessive bumping?

If it was a bump a day its excessive but every few days is not a problem.

Advertisement