Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Hey guys

I didn't want to start a thread for this but I've some stuff I want to sell and I'm not sure how much it's worth so I thought I should ask here before going and making a thread on it. I've a few pieces barely ever used. Never used in actual Airsoft games just used to fire at my little brother while he's mowing the lawn on occasion so no serious usage :)

I just took a picture of everything I have and hopefully you guys can give me some kind of idea what I should be asking for them.

Basically a Maurui SIG 552 and Glock 18 and a Gas blowback Glock 18.

Here's the pic

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I want to sell up my collection, the problem is I don't have access to a chrono. I remember the approximate muzzle velocity from the last time they were chronoed at a site (Last time I used them was about 4 months ago), is that sufficient?

(I was a regular player, not a collector or a plinker, and all items were almost always used at Cork Airsoft, and they chrono religiously, so I'm 100% positive that all items are below the 1J limit, but the only chrono results that I have off the top of my head are the likes of "Somewhere between 310 and 320")

• Registered Users Posts: 19,443 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

@ Ry..

Hey mate. As far as I know, you have to post prices you want when you start the thread, so I'd check online to see how much they are worth and then make the appropriate reduction based on age/condition etc.

Alternatively, post a price you would be happy to accept.. :)

That was my query what you guys think they'd be worth. I don't want to throw a thread up with stupid prices people think are too high or are too low so I thought I'd ask here first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Ry wrote: »
    That was my query what you guys think they'd be worth. I don't want to throw a thread up with stupid prices people think are too high or are too low so I thought I'd ask here first.
    Rules here say you must have a price. Try starting a thread in Airsoft questions if you want to discuss the worth of items in general. :)

• Advertisement

Steve wrote: »
    Rules here say you must have a price. Try starting a thread in Airsoft questions if you want to discuss the worth of items in general. :)

Yeh thanks man I wasn't sure where to ask that question so that's why I thought the adverts area was best suited. Not to worry I created the thread anyway and it's all up so thanks again for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Big issue here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056363324&page=2
    thermo wrote: »
    the new asking price

oh no you dont thats over the asking

this is adverts, not ebay

this should be seal's deal

Would love to know why it took so long to address the above issues, how come I'm first in line & yet did not get this item?

Feeling cheated on this one & the report button seems to be broken on that thread as things have not been addressed to date mad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Big issue here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056363324&page=2

Would love to know why it took so long to address the above issues, how come I'm first in line & yet did not get this item?

Feeling cheated on this one & the report button seems to be broken on that thread as things have not been addressed to date mad.gif

i responded to that thread as soon as i got the reported post update when i was online. that may not of been quick enough in this case but please remember, mods have a life outside of boards.ie and so for various reasons cannot be online 24/7.
    as for your claim that nothing has been addressed to date,in the case of the above thread the seller was fairly new if i remember correctly and was not aware of the full set of adverts rules. they have received a warning, we were all new here once and made mistakes!
    just because YOU are not aware of a warning, does not mean nothing has been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Fair enough & thank you thermo :D

Hey I've a problem here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74101717&postcount=12

This dude made an offer. I accepted it and PM'd him but he's ignored all pm's and has been active posting elsewhere on the board in other adverts. Surely this isn't allowed. Making empty offers and then ignoring anything to do with them after? I'm not sure if I am supposed to hold on till he says yay or nay but at this stage it's been 2 and a half days without responding to numerous follow up Pm's to arrange finalising the deal. I'm gonna just reject his offer if it;s ok with you guys and bump the thread again to re-open it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Ry wrote: »
    Hey I've a problem here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74101717&postcount=12

This dude made an offer. I accepted it and PM'd him but he's ignored all pm's and has been active posting elsewhere on the board in other adverts. Surely this isn't allowed. Making empty offers and then ignoring anything to do with them after? I'm not sure if I am supposed to hold on till he says yay or nay but at this stage it's been 2 and a half days without responding to numerous follow up Pm's to arrange finalising the deal. I'm gonna just reject his offer if it;s ok with you guys and bump the thread again to re-open it.

Normally after two day i would place the item back on sale.
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Italianstyle

Hey guys just wondering, i have a full archery kit that i want to get rid of but i also want to use the money from it to buy more airsoft gear (gun and what not). I already have an ad in the acrhery section but seeing as i want to get more gear would i be able to post it in the airsoft adverts as a trade/swap?

If i cant its cool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Under the forum rules, you can post a wanted ad for a specific airsoft item and offer other non airsoft stuff as a trade - but you can't post an ad offering to trade non airsoft stuff for 'something airsoft'. :)

Hope that explains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Italianstyle

So can i put up an ad for 'sniper, support, vest etc airsoft equipment', seeing as im looking for more a less as much stuff as i can get and still offer my archery gear as a trade??

So can i put up an ad for 'sniper, support, vest etc airsoft equipment', seeing as im looking for more a less as much stuff as i can get and still offer my archery gear as a trade??
    Best I can do there is to suggest you put up your wanted ad but include a link to your ad in Archery as to what you're offering for trade.

Archery equipment, like Airsoft and shooting, is restricted here and can only be advertised in the designated forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

I have a Gamo P-800 Air Pistol..I want to sell it but dont no if this is the right place..can you please advise me..Thanks

DamoNolan wrote: »
    I have a Gamo P-800 Air Pistol..I want to sell it but dont no if this is the right place..can you please advise me..Thanks
    If it's under the 1 joule rating then you can sell it here :)

Ok i have no idea what you mean..could you please explain it to me cheers

No prob. :)

Anything over 1 joule is legally classified as a firearm - that is what the shooting forum is for.

The 1 joule is the muzzle energy rating for the gun, it depends on two things.
    1. The weight of the projectile.
    2. The speed at which it's fired.

You can find a calculator for it here.

If you don't know the speed / bb weight then you can bring it to any Airsoft retailer and get it tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

DamoNolan wrote: »

4.5mm airpistol shooting forum maybe best. :)

• Advertisement

Ok were can i find that so..

The shooting for sale forum is here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1021

Before you post there - read the rules - and they will ask if you have a license for it.

i've calculated it and it works out at 1.1 joule..i dont have a license for it never knew i needed one really..so were is best place to put it here or the shooting forum??

Neither if I'm to be honest with you :)

It's over the limit for here and you won't be let sell it on shooting without a license.

I don't know much about the particular gun but what I'd do is post on airsoft questions or airsoft tech about downgrading it to the legal limit and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Steve wrote: »
    Neither if I'm to be honest with you :)

It's over the limit for here and you won't be let sell it on shooting without a license.

I don't know much about the particular gun but what I'd do is post on airsoft questions or airsoft tech about downgrading it to the legal limit and take it from there.

I dont think they can be downgraded Steve as its an airgun not airsoft :/
    Andy

andy_g wrote: »
    I dont think they can be downgraded Steve as its an airgun not airsoft :/
    Andy
    Cheers Andy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,443 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hey,
    I bought a CO2 sidearm (Taurus 24/7) on here. I sold it yesterday.
    The front of the packaging says 340 fps.
    Can someone clarify/confirm whether it is legal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

everlast75 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I bought a CO2 sidearm (Taurus 24/7) on here. I sold it yesterday.
    The front of the packaging says 340 fps.
    Can someone clarify/confirm whether it is legal?

It is legal. The front of the box is annotated with an asterisk which tells you that the 340 fps was measured with a 0.12g BB. That pistol fires below the legal limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 joe841

Question about wd 1911pd I bought on this site. How long should a CO2 last in gun if never fired? I put a CO2 in the gun fired it twice and 2 days later gas was all gone. Is that normal or is there a leak?

I know its not about a post but new to the airsoft.

Cheers

Joe

• Advertisement
Advertisement