Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reminder: BlazBlue & Other Release Dates

Options
  • 22-03-2010 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Xbox: Friday 2nd April
    PS3: Friday 2nd April

BlazBlue: Contimuum Shift

Japan: 1st July
    North America: Maybe Sometime Around The 20th July
    Europe: 2012

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Portable

PSP: April 2010 Europe

King Of Fighters 13

Release Date Will Be Named On Thursday 25th March

Super Street Fighter 4

April 30th 2010

UFC 2010 Undisputed

May 28th 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Isn't CT coming to PC too?

Also LOL at Europe 2012 for CS, such a joke

I'm gonna give BB a go when I get my hands on a copy, need training mode T_T

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What's that Aksys? You want me to IMPORT BlazBlue: Continuum Shift?
    Gee, I dunno, then I'd have to deal with import taxes and all that.

Also: VIRTUA FIGHTER 5: FINAL SHOWDOWN WHERE?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

No offical word on CT for PC, but rumored to be exclusive to france in October. Also 2012 was a joke, but i wouldn't be surprised tbh lol

Xinkai wrote: »
    No offical word on CT for PC, but rumored to be exclusive to france in October. Also 2012 was a joke, but i wouldn't be surprised tbh lol

Hmm I thought it was March 19th for Jap/France, the PC version now

I think I'll just import on PS3

Oh Xinkai, which version should I get if I want to learn the game? Or is CS pretty much just an upgrade on CT?

Pretty much, it's like SSF4, New chars, stages, moves, combos, & it continues the BB storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

Is that '2012' for BB: CS a joke? I mean, I honestly wouldn't be surprised. It's like the 90s again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

DecentBee wrote: »
    Is that '2012' for BB: CS a joke? I mean, I honestly wouldn't be surprised. It's like the 90s again.

Three posts up!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Three posts up!

Serves me right for being so reactionary! :o But yeah, joke that we're only getting the original a few months ahead of the sequel coming out elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

DecentBee wrote: »
    Serves me right for being so reactionary! :o But yeah, joke that we're only getting the original a few months ahead of the sequel coming out elsewhere.
    Angers me to no end. I'd be happier if they'd just skipped Trigger over here and went straight to Shift, storyline be damned.

From the evil mouth of the official BlazBlue page on facebook, both 360 & PS3 CT will be out in 2nd of april, which means technically it's the 3rd delay in 2 weeks.

As posted by me on their page, Screw You Aksys, & Screw You pQube.

• Advertisement

Moar liek "Screw you pQube".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Tin.T

Ramza wrote: »
    Hmm I thought it was March 19th for Jap/France, the PC version now

I think I'll just import on PS3

Oh Xinkai, which version should I get if I want to learn the game? Or is CS pretty much just an upgrade on CT?

if i were you i will wait for the CS one coz the CT is too much unbalanced and also start a game 4 months and go to the new one is useless. i hope this gonna be a much balanced game ! it was one of the reason that i have stop playing it only 2 months after i bought it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Although BBCT does have some balance issues, I do think it's been overstated by the internet's reaction to it.

It may be better to wait for CS if you're trying to save money, though that's another 4 months (assuming you're able to buy it right away on JP launch) behind the other players you'll be. Only a couple of characters have changed so much that any work you put in now won't transfer over too much. You don't see the SF4 players totally dropping the game just because the sequel is around the corner, so it's a shame that a lot of the BB community has done so for CT.

But the BB community is 50% weeaboos :D

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I know, it sucks. :(
    But that's basically the case for any airdash/anime/chain-combo/GG-style fighter. If you like the genre, all the "waii desu" and "nyan" is just **** you have to put up with to play an awesome game.

That being said, I don't remember playing any weeaboos at SVB at BB - they all seems like pretty down to earth guys. The only real obvious example of a wapanese weirdo at the event was this fat hairy-assed dude I saw at the TvC setup.

Part of the reason why I'm not bothered playing/learning >.<

Eh, I'm actually not completely innocent either - the only reason I want to play/learn Melty Blood is because I'm a Nasuverse fanboy ;)

Part of the reason why I'm not bothered playing/learning >.<
    Are there really that many weeaboos down in Dublin playing BB? If they're not there then they can't annoy you! :P

Seriously, the game is totally worth learning since it's essentially a new-start GG, ArcSys are even saying that they designed BB to get new people playing fighting games so it's worth getting in on the ground floor before the game becomes as complex as GG and is too hard to jump into as a new player.

Plus I think it's more fun anyway, but that's probably cuz I suck.

edit:
    Eh, I'm actually not completely innocent either - the only reason I want to play/learn Melty Blood is because I'm a Nasuverse fanboy ;)
    MB is an awesome game so you don't need to feel guilty! :D
    I really wish I had more chances to play it since it's a game I'd love to get good at. Just a shame it'll never be all that popular. :(

I play(ed) GG and love it so I'm definitely all for learning BB

I'm into some anime/manga, and some japanese stuff, but it seemed like last time at the XGC BB event there was a lot of err well, Otakus yeah, weeaboos. :pac:

Not trying to be an asshole or anything, just saying. Each their own and all but you KNOW what I mean

Like I said I have the CS leak, but no training is such a killer

I play(ed) GG and love it so I'm definitely all for learning BB

I'm into some anime/manga, and some japanese stuff, but it seemed like last time at the XGC BB event there was a lot of err well, Otakus yeah, weeaboos. :pac:

Not trying to be an asshole or anything, just saying

Like I said I have the CS leak, but no training is such a killer
    You can train by just putting a coin in for 2P and just beating them up like that. Leak's inputs are still too wonky for me to be able to practise anyway. :(

I know how you feel though, I'm into a few Japanese things (music, mostly) but some people take it too far and latch onto any anime-ish fighting game. You gotta give them a chance, though, since they do sometimes end up being nice people. :P (And better yet, might even be good at the game!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I've been thinking about getting BB for the last 8 or 9 months but never got round to it. There are two things that are making me rethink it, first, would I just be better off spending my cash on the limited edition of FFXIII since it is pretty damn good or go for BB. Since I'm pretty new to the Aksys games, the fighting system is a little strange to me but I like it so I was thinking of getting the limited edition of BB for the tutorial discs that come with it but are they really worth it? Or is it just a basic tutorial (e.g.: X = Punch, A = Kick, etc.) or do they really delve into the advanced techniques?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Gah, this is such a pain.

The only good point is that if I buy CT for full price on release, then CS WILL suddenly be released here in no time flat, so I will have done the community a favour. :D

Being a middle-of-the-road anime fan is tough, you end up in some kinda rift between the normals and the total wackjobs. :pac:

The tutorials delve into some good things; kinda short though. Also sucks that they're BluRay discs for PS3 LE (so I can't have the disc in my laptop while playing).

MikeZ's one is my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Would the tutorials be so good that its worth the extra cash?

would I just be better off spending my cash on the limited edition of FFXIII since it is pretty damn good
    The special edition isn't actually that great. Art book, art cards and a soundtrack.
    Art Book is a joke, it's just in game screenshots and scenes from the videos, no concept art or anything.
    There's 4 art cards with a different image on each side. They look nice, but they feel cheap, and doubl sided doesn't help anything.
    Soundtrack is only 10 tracks, which I wouldn't be too interested in.
    It is only €15 in a difference, so it's not that huge an investment if you really want em.
    I'd personally just get the stanard edition.

Yeah the FF13 special edition has mostly useless junk in it.

Also the tutorials are worth the cash since the BB LE is the same price as the regular one in a lot of places! :D
    If you're brand new to the game, they're a good way to get an idea of how the basic game mechanics work and how to pay each character. If you'd been following the game months before release and looking up combos and match vids then you probably know most of what's in them, but they're supposed to be there to help new players.

They show you the different mechanics (different ways of blocking, what all the bars on screen mean, etc.), each move for each character and what they're best used for in some cases, and a handful of combos you can use with each character including the inputs required to do them. Well, except for the last combo it shows where they encourage you to work out how to do it in your own!

The tutorials are all on YouTube by now I'm sure, but it's worth getting the LE for the much nicer box-art. ;)

If it's your first time playing this type of fighting game, then I'd say your best bet is to just ignore a lot of the mechanics to begin with. Don't worry about RCs or instant blocking right away (or even Barrier and Burst for now!), just learn the fundamentals of a game where you've got the extra mobility of double-jumps and airdashes. Then start to think about when you want to barrier or Burst out of a combo, then about which combos (if any, it all depends on the character) could benefit from RCs, and so on.
    The only good point is that if I buy CT for full price on release, then CS WILL suddenly be released here in no time flat, so I will have done the community a favour. :D
    Do it, do it, buy it now! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Vyze wrote: »
    Don't worry about RCs or instant blocking right away (or even Barrier and Burst for now!)

Very good advice actually, forget burst even exists!

It's advice that I should probably pay attention to myself! ;)
    As a Nu player, I feel that I always burst too early since I want to get them off me right away. If I force myself to never burst, I know my blocking and get-away skills will improve drastically, but as it stands I'm always taking the easy option out.

Feckin' Bursts. I was playing the Jap version for a few weeks before my US edition arrived so I had no idea what RCing or Instant Blocking or Bursting was. Whenever Jin would freeze me I'd mash the buttons to escape and suddenly my barrier metre would be empty. I thought Jin's ice things were just massively over powered! XD

• Advertisement

To shake out of ice you have to waggle the stick. You need 6 motions (e.g. left then right 3 times) to shake out, so keep that in mind so that you don't accidentally backdash once you're free!

In CS, though, the freeze is just for a set time so you won't need to worry about that for much longer.

You burst by hitting all 4 buttons at the same time, btw.

Advertisement