Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reminder: BlazBlue & Other Release Dates

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

I suppose it's a lot easier to win as an average Nu than an average anyone-else, but I do think her strengths have been blown a little out of proportion online.

If I'm ever playing anyone and you want to know the best thing to do against a blockstring or poke or whatever I'm doing, just ask!

Best thing to remember for now is that if you're blocking her 5DD 4DD into whatever blockstring, most of the cast (not Hakumen or Ragna, maybe Tager too since he's massive) can backdash before the 4DD comes out just by mashing on it. Also, you can easily mash back when you start guarding her 236236D super to IB all of it with no effort.

Anything else, just ask. I want everyone in Ireland to be able to utterly destroy a Nu at every level, so it'll force me to get some new tricks with her! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

It's out tomorrow,finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I bet it's actually an April fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

The 2nd (when its actually supposed to be coming out) is a tad late for an April fools.

Then again, now is more than a tad late for a CT release... :mad:

The 2nd (when its actually supposed to be coming out) is a tad late for an April fools.

Then again, now is more than a tad late for a CT release... :mad:

They're releasing it tomorrow because the 2nd is Good Friday.

• Advertisement

Some mixed first impressions so far. They might have well as titled it Guilty Gear:The new generation,because from what I can see so far it sounds,looks and plays pretty much like a G.G. game.

It looks fantastic in H.D. and plays a good game. My first online mode,with some British guy,was laggy-despite the box claiming it to be "lag free".
    There's a great amount of options but I found myself skipping the fairly generic anime story mode,and swiftly putting the language onto Japanese,but it's nice to have the option of a story mode.
    The characters ooze personality and play very originally. It's definitely a good game but as for IGN saying it's better than SFIV-no contest,SFIV wins hands down imo. But it's still a very good fighting game,and a very different type of fighting game to SFIV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Just bought the limited edition (£40 in HMV). The game plus a 96-page artbook and a tutorial DVD - awesome.

Having already played the arcade and PS3 versions, I'll say this - while SF4 may be an objectively better game from a competitive viewpoint thanks to its superior balance, I find BB more fun to play.

Calling it a new generation of GG is about the same as calling SF4 a new generation of Super Turbo. On the surface, yeah, but the differences are enough so that if you learn the game it really does feel different enough to justify a release. Personally, I find BB more fun than GG so that suits me down to the ground.

Story mode is pretty unnecessary, but it's a nice addition if you're into that sort of thing.

I was really happy to see IGN give it their fighting GOTY award last year. I do think it's deserved since I'm sure most would agree that it's generally more fully-featured than SF4, with the online lobbies and story mode and all that. The quality of the game engine is subjective and some will prefer one over the other, but the overall presentation in BB I feel is stronger.
    Apparently BBCS console version will have an SF4-style trials mode along with a playable tutorial teaching you the mechanics, so it seems like BB will one-up itself soon!

I've played against mainland Europeans with very little noticeable lag, and that was before the most recent patch from a few months ago which tidied up the netcode a little, so I'm guessing you just played someone with a bad connection. I'll get online this weekend for some matches against anybody on PS3!

edit: Okay Yreval, now your goal is to practise enough to become the best Tager in UK/Ireland!

IGN Grudge Match: BlazBlue vs. Street Figher IV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YKxJYibjjU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Durrr, stupid cheaper online deals - probably won't get a sniff of mine 'til this time next week.

Granted I've got tons of work to do anyway but I can't help but want to play it right away!

• Advertisement

Xluna wrote: »

Can't get sound on at work so I dunno what they're saying, but it would've been nice if they'd stopped re-using the same few pieces of footage over and over again.

Vyze wrote: »
    Can't get sound on at work so I dunno what they're saying, but it would've been nice if they'd stopped re-using the same few pieces of footage over and over again.
    Yeah, they were totally misrepresenting the game - no one was playing as Nu.

Sairus wrote: »
    Yeah, they were totally misrepresenting the game - no one was playing as Nu.
    I can replace "Nu" with "Sagat" and sound equally ill-informed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Tin.T

3rd strike win ! ^^
    BB vs SF4, i think you cant compare these 2 games, they are way too different !

Tin.T wrote: »
    3rd strike win ! ^^
    BB vs SF4, i think you cant compare these 2 games, they are way too different !
    Absolutely agree on both accounts!

Yreval wrote: »
    Just bought the limited edition (£40 in HMV). The game plus a 96-page artbook and a tutorial DVD - awesome.

Grarg. Gamestop was the only place in Galway that got Collectors Edition 360 copies and they're sold out =(
    Anyone happen to spot any copies still floating about Dublin? I shall have to pick one up there on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Was in town today and my local Gamestop have the Limited Edition on PS3 for 45 quid, nice one, gonna get it asap

I'm getting into this more now and am really enjoying it. You really need to invest alot of time in a specific character to get good and it and appreciate it as they're so unique and "handle" so differently.

I'm sticking with Rachel Alucard for now. Any advice for using her or getting good at the game in general?

I'm getting into this more now and am really enjoying it. You really need to invest alot of time in a specific character to get good and it and appreciate it as they're so unique and "handle" so differently.

I'm sticking with Rachel Alucard for now. Any advice for using her or getting good at the game in general?
    Use her frog and pumpkin for constant pressure, and her j.2C is amazing. Jump and then immediately input 3CD (if you have a stock of wind) is a ludicrously fast overhead that you should be able to combo from.

Also, her 6A is godlike and you can combo off it with a 5B into whatever.

Don't use her 2C, on block you're hella vulnerable and will eat big damage.

edit: Just forgot that most people use SF notation. :P If you need the JP number notation explained, let me know!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Ughhh why did they come up this namign covention I'm unfamilar with. Why coudl they not use light, medium, hard, its like they never considered I'd be unfamilar with terms such as 6A or 5B. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Whats all this talk of 2c, 6a, 5b, 34 double d?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

A is Light Attack
    B is Medium
    C is Heavy
    D is Drive (One button special)

The numbers are directions displayed as :

Disclaimer - I'm guessing.

Orim wrote: »
    A is Light Attack
    B is Medium
    C is Heavy
    D is Drive (One button special)

The numbers are directions displayed as :

Disclaimer - I'm guessing.
    That's right!
    edit: Well, except for Drive being "one-button special". It's more like a themed normal than anything else. Especially since a lot of specials require an input plus the D button. Just think of D as your character's unique gimmick.

The reason ABCD is used instead of light/medium/heavy is just since it's shorter I guess. "Towards light" takes longer to read than 6A. A lot of games, including BB use the letters in the actual key config and stuff, so it's only natural to call them that. Much in the same way that GG uses P, K, S, HS, D for punch, kick, slash, heavy-slash and dust respectively. Even KOF uses ABCD for its buttons.

The numbers for directions are based on your keyboard numpad assuming you're facing to the right. That's just how the Japanese have done it for years so it tends to transfer over for many games outside of SF or Tekken. It's a little awkward at first but you get used to it. Soon enough, 632146 will look as natural as "half-circle back then towards"!

Stuff like j.2C = jumping down+C, 3C = downtowards+C (this is how you sweep in BB)

I've got a beginner's guide mostly written up, I should probably finish it sometime this weekend if I remember!

You have taken the most difficult character to begin with (rachel) in my point of view, she is really so hard to play but she is really strong after learning her setups !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVbgi9opM7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z625-691tSY

I thought Litchi was meant to be a little harder to pick up than Rachel?

hum ... Litchi is a hard one but Rachel is THE most difficult imo.
    RAchel, Harakune, Litchi,Carl this kind of characters with a Drive which have a unique controle it almost playing with 2 characters at the same time ...
    Because their drive is not include into the character's combo, you have the control your characters and the drive, its kinda tricky ...

Tin.T wrote: »
    You have taken the most difficult character to begin with (rachel) in my point of view, she is really so hard to play but she is really strong after learning her setups !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVbgi9opM7M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z625-691tSY

I picked her because she has a pretty cool character design. Reminds me of a Gothic Hsein Ko.

Advertisement