Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blogs worth reading.

Options
  • 22-03-2010 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

I stumbled across a blog called "A Slut's Progress (or lack thereof)" What I really want to do is say read it from the first entry to the last and leave it at that, but I find I must give a bit more of an overview. When I found the blog I though it was another one of these barebacking sex blogs which have been popping up over on blogspot for the last while. Usual nonsense and crap recounting sexual adventures and experimenting on the fringe. This blog was different. More real. The writer is incredibly messed but he recognises that. His introspective analysis is quiet astute and remarkable. When you read other blogs of a similar theme you wonder how deluded the writers must be, but not this chap. The blog chronicle his plunge into drugs, self abuse, anonymous unprotected sex, HIV, Aids, Depression, loneliness, and what I interpreted as death in the space of five years. I haven't read the entire blog as yet, as it's extremely hard emotionally to read more then a few entries at a time. But I'd certainly recommend it to anyone considering a hedonistic lifestyle whose been taken in by the lie that HIV isn't so bad these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Only issue I have with your post, Boston, is your use of the word "hedonistic"; there's nothing wrong with being pleasure-seeking, only in being unsafe and irresponsible while so doing.

I know it's a bit pedantic, but it seems like an important distinction to me. That aside, this blog seems like a really valuable resourse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I'd say hedonistic because the author can only seem to find "happiness" or peace while high and engaging in unprotected sexual activity. He recognised that there is something missing from his life but questions the worth of it. This isn't someone who likes pleasure, this is someone addicted to it to the exclusions of every other aspect of his life. That to me is hedonistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Reads like one of William Burrough's books. Kinda interesting if you haven't tried / read about that sort of thing before.

Advertisement