Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Landscaping materials

Options
  • 22-03-2010 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to get some materials for the garden - namely hardcore & sand for a patio & topsoil.. any suggestions or recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

I'm looking to get some materials for the garden - namely hardcore & sand for a patio & topsoil.. any suggestions or recommendations?

if you contact the local garden centres, they should give you the numbers to their suppliers, all suppliers do the bulk deliveries needed for such works.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I had a gardening query myself last week and a fellow boardsie provided the address of an excellent centre. I went to said location last Saturday and they nearly killed me with their kindness and helpfulness. It's the Ardcairn garden centre past Boyle on the way to Dublin, it's about a mile past the entrance to Forest Park on your left. It's also on your left, look out for the sign you won't miss it - it's on a bend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I went to Waterglades garden centre on Saturday & was nearly killed by the apathy of the staff. The place is a right kip too - it looks like it was built 50 years ago, hit by bombs, left to rot & then re-opened without any renovations. Seriously - the glasshouses are filthy, glass panes missing everywhere, rubbish all aroun dthe place & barely a price on any of the plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Have you asked in O'Gradys?

Just thinking if someone locally is building they might well have hardcore and top soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Yes, the difference between Ardcarn and Waterglades is staggering! :D

You can get ton bags of sand from Connaught Gold stores, I don't know about hardcore/topsoil. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Connaught Gold is quite good, as is BMG in Bundoran if you're in North Sligo.

Also, if you are looking for compost, the composting facility near Ballisodare is pretty reasonable.

Grew some veggies in it last year and they were fabulous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement