Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tech Dave

Funkducky wrote: »
    I recieved a text and email from HSE today detailing new round of recruitment for P & AP, did anyone else get it as I can't find it on public jobs or HSE site and it was suppose to be posted at 2pm today.:confused:
    That recruitment is for qualified and phecc registered Paramedics and advanced paramedics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 No1paraman

good look to ever one going for test on friday love to know how many whent for it ? , it`s getting hard & harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

No1paraman wrote: »
    good look to ever one going for test on friday love to know how many whent for it ? , it`s getting hard & harder.

Well if there is 4 sessions a day of roughly 60 people over 3 days thats about 720...give or take!

Not as many as I originally thought thou!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dchief

i think there was about 32 candidates in with me this afternoon, start at 2.30 out at 4, doubt there was another 1 after mine unless there was another 1 being run about the same time in a different room. i thought it was being run on the 19, 20 and 21st but i heard there's also tests on tomorrow and tues.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

Test in the morning, and im bricking it! Dont think Ive ever been this nervous for a test before, well maybe my D test when i heard they were recruiting Jan this year and i thought i was going to fail it and would get a retest in time!

I heard they are running the tests till next friday. so thats 9 days at 4 sessions a day of say 50 people per session. thats 1800 but i would say you could take 10-15% of that for those with out the license or dont show! does any one know how many will be called for the interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 SAR.

There was probably two or three maybe more exam rooms going at the same time all day all week. I'd say there was slightly more than 720 in for it :) in 2009 around 2500 people sat the test so the competition is high and all you can do is your best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

Well, sat the test yesterday and it was the most intense hour & a half that I've gone through in a long time. I don't speed read so the verbal evaluation was quite nerve recking for me time wise. I heard that there was 3 extra days being put on. Also heard that the figures would be published for the number of applicants etc. I assume it would be somewhere on the public jobs website but not sure. Hope it went well for everyone and for those still to sit them. Just 2 weeks to wait now for the next bit of news.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SAR.

How did eyeryone get on in the tests? Wont be that long until you hear for yourselves anyway. Best of luck again to you all

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Louth EMT

Tried my luck on wednesday but had no joy didn't get past first base.

As johnny logan once said "whats another year"?

Just wondering for the lucky ones who got to sit the test did yee get all questions answered was it hard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 corky70

Sorry to hear you did not get in on weds Louth EMT
    Found the exam hard enough with time and verbal just trying to read the passages fast and that !! I am not holding out much hope that i passed! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 dave36

Anybody hear how the tests went this week and how many where tested in total? Only good thing is that we do not have to wait long to find out how we got on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Anybody get any word back yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Pebbles!

Nope not me anyway, still waiting. I'd say it'l be left til last minute on monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

still waiting too...it's doin me head in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mossie1m

Hi there,
    I also sat the aptitude tests and anxiously waiting, it will probably be monday:rolleyes:
    Hard to know how many sat the tests as alot of people have different idea's.
    would love to find out though, i sat the test on the tuesday morning and there was only 16 in my room but there was another room that was on at the same time and there was around 30 in that and a few turned away re license issues so roughly around 50 people per session 3 times a day x 6 days = 900 me thinks,,,, not sure,, best of luck to all anyway,

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow with the results of the tests. I've hardly any nails left waiting to hear. All I hope is that all this stressing is going to be worth it. :eek:

same here !! stressed!!
    good luck to everyone ;)
    hope we get the emails early !

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭babs.jones

Good luck to everyone.

Looks like we'll be left waiting today. No news as yet for me. Anyone hear anything back yet????

No nothing yet I think you are right it will be a long day looking at mobile and computer for the day!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭emtally

still nothing...the suspence is killing me...

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Liachta Cultaca

Best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Hightower21

No News is good news..... I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭HighlyCooL

God this is a killer, hope they release the results soon! Like it's not like there still correcting them since there all computer scored!

AAAhhhhh!!!!!! Going nuts! Why must it be done this way. I mean, it's a computerised system to correct them and to let us know. Why would they not set the release time for the morning. It's not good for my health not to mention that I can do nothing else today besides checking my email and the message box on publicjobs. Given the last time, waiting to get our test date, we should hear by 4.30pm, so just another 2 1/2 hours. Come on HSE press the button and release the results PLEASE!!! :eek:

I agree!!!!! am cracking up come on results!!!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jasonm

Any time now hopefully!!

Couldn't wait any longer so just called the HSE recruitment centre to confirm that there is no delay in getting them today. We will hear before the close of business today, so only 1 hour to go!!!!!! Good luck all......not that there's much we can do about it now.

1 or 2 of my friends have got their results,
    Im still waiting.

• Advertisement

Got it.
    roll on interviews

Advertisement