Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power cut

• 22-03-2010 2:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

anyone else have the incovience of no leccy earlier:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

No, lovely and bright up here in Hillview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Yep. Viewmount was out. Domestic and street lights. It came back after half an hour or so. Powerscourt was OK I think. I was working on a pile of web development work and was just about to upload it. Brilliant timing.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I knew the recession has hit the City hard but surely you guys can pay your bills....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

AdMMM wrote: »
    I knew the recession has hit the City hard but surely you guys can pay your bills....

of course i have thats why im still here lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

and the reason for the gap in your quote and my quote is theres a smell of ya haha ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

It was gone in grange manor as well so the girlfriend said! For about an half hour also.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whole of Cherrymount/Avondale/etc, thats the second time this sector has been out in the last 6 months or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Well that was annoying last night. It caused someone's fecking house alarm to ring out for over an hour. Sounded like it was 2 seperate house's cos there was 2 seperate noises. Im fecking bollixed now this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 nyquist

Power Cut affected Ardkeen Village and TESCO surrounding area just slightly after midnight and didnt come back till after 1am.

Some pain cause my phone was on 3% and I had just plugged it in to charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

It was all the alarms going off that was annoying.

• Advertisement

deisemum wrote: »
    It was all the alarms going off that was annoying.
    Next door neighbours alarm is going off all the bloody time. I dont even bother looking in to see if anyone is robbing the place anymore because it happens so much, Its gone so bad that if I dont ehar it I get me baseball bat ready lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭kavsmdf

I was walking up the stairs when it happened, saw a big blue flash out the window, don't know what it was, anyone else see that?

I thought it was lightening at first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah we're in Cnoic Caislean in by The Village and ours was out. Pretty big area affected.

Anyone hear why this happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

kavsmdf wrote: »
    I was walking up the stairs when it happened, saw a big blue flash out the window, don't know what it was, anyone else see that?

Whoop the aliens must be back

mike65 wrote: »

Yuppers. the electricity couldnt make it to the houses te he he he he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

An explosion at one of their sites or whatever you call them places. Sounds dramatic but probably not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

kavsmdf wrote: »

Oh good, so someone else saw that too? I was looking out the window and saw a weird flickering, with a blue tinge. I thought it must have been lightening, but didn't hear any thunder or see any more flashes.

So JPA - it was an explosion at one of their sites then? that might account for the weird flash I saw. Wonder what exactly happened there, I assume no-one was hurt seeing as we've heard nothing on the news about it then?

Some little scut with a chain probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Some little scut with a chain probably.

I love that word scut, haven't heard or seen it used in years, brings back memories :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement