Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

claiming health expenses for 2009

Options
  • 22-03-2010 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

:confused:Hey folks,hope someone can help.
    about 3 weeks ago i claimed €810 health expenses using paye anytime.
    last week i got a p21 and an amended tax credit cert.the p21 said it was balanced,Does this mean i dont get the health expenses????
    dunno if this helps but heres some info
    on p60 my total pay(gross pay less superannuation etc..) is €14857
    on p21 my pay from work is €14857 and DSFA illness benefit of €1227 (so total of €16084).
    on p60 i paid €80.32 in prsi i also paid €170 for the income levy for the year. Dunno if any of that is relivant but want to provide as much info as poss so that some brainy person can help.
    also if i am entitled to the health expenses when do i get the money??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Medical expenses can be claimed as a "tax relief".

Going by the summary you gave above, you have not paid any tax (PAYE). This means you are not entitled to a refund/relief on what you have paid (none).

You may be entitled to an Income Levy refund as your income was so low and if you go to http://www.revenue.ie and put in a search for the refund form you can print it off and see.

Advertisement