Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with free to air sat

Options
  • 22-03-2010 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Folks

I bought a free to air sat system of a fairly well known crowd in dublin, paid to have it installed and worked fine. However after a few days the remote of box stopped working all the time so its very difficult to change the channels almost inpossible some times.

I have rang the company 4 times now and emailed them once, and have been told "okay we will get back to you on an hour to let you know when an engineer will be in your area" and I never get a call back.

Where do I stand here, to be honest the whole free to air sat is a good idea, I have no problems with it, but i would liek to ask for my money back and get another company that will appreciate my money the business.

Where do I stand and what should I say to this clown the next time I call him, thanks

ps I have a receipt

thanks

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I would say ring one last time and state that you are sick of waiting and I think if you have tried reasonable to get your point across, then Small claims court or a threat of it would be your best bet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

borrow sky box, plug it in , see if it works.

if it does then the problem is YOUR box, tell them to send a replacement or its the small claims court for them

if it does not then an engineer visit is probably required because the fault mey be with the lnb or cable

but tell them they are on their VERY last chance and the small claims court is next on your list , you will not ring again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Check batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Have you an AV sender/receiver to use it in another room as well? I bought one but found that it was blocking the signal in front of the sat box from the remote. There are 4 channels on most of them and i changed mine to another channel and its been working fine since.

Advertisement