Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kenwood Cd Player & I Touch for 08 Golf

• 22-03-2010 10:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭

Hey

I am getting This CD player(Double Din) installed this week to a 08 Golf. What I am looking for is something to hold my Itouch and reviews on this Kenwood.Have done the google bit. I am linking up the iTouch with the usb cable. So any ideas where to have the itouch stored. No controls on the steering wheel of the car so may have to control it via radio or am I missing something:o Also states that I need an additional part to get bluetooth. How would this fit into the player at the back with wires hidden sorry complete novice with this

All thoughts welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I find having the wores in the glovebox the best option, but have them long enough so that you can pull them out and close the glovebox again and place the iPod on centre console.

A few people on Seatcupra.net have put those units in their Leons and cant fault them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Thanks for that. Have to register on Seat forum so cannot do a search. I wont have the lead into the glove box I will be connecting it via the usb port in front. So what I just needed clarification if Itouch can be controlled via Stereo, looks like it can. However just looking for something to put the iTouch into like a pouch that can sit on the vent. Also if I wanted to get bluetooth installed on this using This product how is this fitted ? Is it via the back or via the front just figuring on how it works

Got this installed have not tested it yet. Have to connect iTouch via usb on front of stereo. It comes with a Remote:confused: I suppose there is no way I could get the controls added onto steering wheel or are we talking Lotto money to get this done?

Also anyone got any thoughts on what I can use to hold my itouch withing touching distace of steering wheel. I cannot control it via radio as I need bluetooth enabled, and not installing that yet. Was looking at one of These but dont want this sticking on the windscreen maybe another handsfree if anyone knows of anything else:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭brennarr

Got this installed have not tested it yet. Have to connect iTouch via usb on front of stereo. It comes with a Remote:confused: I suppose there is no way I could get the controls added onto steering wheel or are we talking Lotto money to get this done?

Also anyone got any thoughts on what I can use to hold my itouch withing touching distace of steering wheel. I cannot control it via radio as I need bluetooth enabled, and not installing that yet. Was looking at one of These but dont want this sticking on the windscreen maybe another handsfree if anyone knows of anything else:confused:

Hey Irish Gunner, I am also thinking of getting a new CD player fitted to my MKV Golf. Where did you get yours installed and was it expensive?

Thanks for your help

Got it done in Halfords in Swords. The total price was €368 bit expensive but had a voucher for €100 so covered some of the cost. Had to buy the stereo a spurious cage and an extra wire. Have not tested it out yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭brennarr

Seems to be a good Head Unit tho. Let me know how it is when you test it. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

id run the ipod cable down to the centre console pocket if you have one , the bluetooth unit is a kenwood BT-200, there not as small as youd think, but also you cant surround them with cables as youll not get a decent bluetooth signal out of it. If your putting in the kenwood bluetooth module ive put them under drivers seats and behind the centre console plastic trim in larger cars ,

its an excellent head unit there, and the bluetooth and ipod works great with them, the ipod is controlled from the head unit and you cant control from the ipod while its plugged in so theres no point in keeping the ipod anywhere on view (especially if you leave it in the car so thieves dont see it)

Lights up like Vegas and turns all colours a bitch to try to figure out how to set up simple things like date time still trying to work that out?

Taken with Camera on phone tonight...

20100323_001.jpg

Can change songs on itouch via Radio and sound not so bad. Also only bloody 6 preset stations bit of a pisser. Still have to figure out a lotta crap on it and how to set up simple things like date etc

Will the Kenwood KCA BT2000 work with any Bluetooth enabled phone? Trying to see the compatibility with Nokia N900 but cannot see it on Kenwood website:confused: Dont want to look at getting it installed when it aint going to work with my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I've a different head set but I assume the BT software will be the same as I've the latest firmware installed. I've had no problems with my Nokia in that I can control everything from the head unit. However I know have a Samsung Omnia Pro and it's a bit more troublesome.

I can browse through the phone book and various call logs from the head unit but I can't actually dial or answer the phone with it, I need to use the handset to do that. Then after most calls it either downloads the phonebook again or disconnects and reconnects.

It seems to be an issue with Samsung phones rather than the head unit as I've found other people with similar issues over a variety of headunits all related to Samsung handsets.

The Kenwood website uses to have a large spreadsheet with a list of handsets and what functionality will work and won't, last time I looked I couldn't find it, it now seems to be a webpage where you enter your handset and it then tells you if it's compatible or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Will the Kenwood KCA BT2000 work with any Bluetooth enabled phone? Trying to see the compatibility with Nokia N900 but cannot see it on Kenwood website:confused: Dont want to look at getting it installed when it aint going to work with my phone

i have yet to find a nokia that doesnt work with it , any phone with bluetooth will definitley work as an audio interface, the nokias and most other phones allow contact list copying to the headunit

Thanks for that. Rang Kenwood and they said that if my phone aint on their list I would need to test it in store:confused: Thought it would need to be installed first before I could test it :confused: Would this be possible?

Cartronics in Santry stated they could install the bluetooth for €170. They said that the Nokia N series do not work well on Bluetooth can anyone confirm this? Also any way I can test a bluetooth out before getting installed to make sure it works with my phone?

Ta

Advertisement