Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itsinmyway ??

Options
  • 22-03-2010 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Anyone know is there a problem with their site at the moment ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Since you've provided loads of information I'll take a stab at this.
    Itsinmyway.com is under reconstruction. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭dsane1

Yeah sorry ! I opened an account a few years ago (inactive a long time ) .I got an email today saying they got spam from my pc with a link to a pc cleaner(totalpcscan) . I cant get onto their site and it seems fishy ?

This is the message that was sent:***************Hello. Email spam from your computer was detected! Highly recommend you to scan your computer for malicious and potentially unwanted software. If you do not follow this, I will have to make a complaint to your Internet Service Provider with attached log file (your IP address, etc.). If you want to find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it, please click here: http://totalpcscan.com/spamdetectedThis is an online service that you can use for free spyware removal. Use it to scan your computer to help protect, clean, and keep your computer running at its best. Use the free scan to check for and remove viruses, spyware, and other potentially malicious software and to find vulnerabilities or shortcomings in your Internet security.Sincerely, Colin Howard.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

its a scam!.

http://totalpcscan.com/scanning/ is just an animated scan window (it doesn't actually do anything), it'll find a virus on your PC even if your not running Microsoft Windows and you have no virus's on your PC.

DO NOT download anything from that site under any circumstances

Thanks for that ,it just did'nt seem right !

• Advertisement
Advertisement