Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upon returning to recession-land...

Options
  • 22-03-2010 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

Just arrived back home after 1st year in Oz, planning on heading back in a month or two but while Im here I'll need to sign on the dole for a bit, until I can find a job.

Any ideas on the best way to approach them, Ive been out of the country so long I might get means tested even though I've worked straight for almost 10 years (PT & FT), only ever signing on once for about three months before leaving to go to Oz.

Anyway, should I say I mainly worked while I was away or travelled? Not sure which sounds better...

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

roryc wrote: »
    Just arrived back home after 1st year in Oz, planning on heading back in a month or two but while Im here I'll need to sign on the dole for a bit, until I can find a job.

Any ideas on the best way to approach them, Ive been out of the country so long I might get means tested even though I've worked straight for almost 10 years (PT & FT), only ever signing on once for about three months before leaving to go to Oz.

Anyway, should I say I mainly worked while I was away or travelled? Not sure which sounds better...

Cheers
    Not sure if either is relevant tbh, since you weren't working in Ireland

Might be worth asking over here though. There's someone from the Citizens' Information centre that posts on there so you should get an answer.

Advertisement