Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Butler Trio. Anyone get their tickets in the post yet?

• 22-03-2010 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone got their tickets yet? I got my stone temple pilots tickets already, and it's not till may, but john butler is coming up at the start of april and I got nothing yet...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ARGURIOS1

I got mine about 1 month ago,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Can't wait for this gig. Promises to be fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Such an excellent gig! Did everyone enjoy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

unreal! unreal musicians! unreal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Was unbelievable! The man gets better and better (if thats possible) everytime i see him. That was my fourth time now and i feel very lucky to have witnessed a truely unique live performance so many times!

Also digging the new line up with bomba and byron. Always been a fan of bomba, so it was great to see him back with JB!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I only discovered them about a week ago and I was raging I didn't make the gig.

JB - did you see them 4 times here in Dublin?

Ancient1 wrote: »
    I only discovered them about a week ago and I was raging I didn't make the gig.

JB - did you see them 4 times here in Dublin?

No mate, twice in Dublin...last night and sept'07 in the National Stadium. Then twice in Oz. Each and everyone just fantastic. I would urge everyone to go see these guys!

And mate if you have only discovered these guys a week ago then you are in for a treat. Enjoy the journey!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Nice one :)

Well if they come back soon I'll be there for sure. Just ordered Sunrise Over Sea yesterday coz I figured you can't go wrong with any of his material.

Been watching them a lot on youtube - what an amazing band.

Ancient1 wrote: »
    Nice one :)

Well if they come back soon I'll be there for sure. Just ordered Sunrise Over Sea yesterday coz I figured you can't go wrong with any of his material.

Been watching them a lot on youtube - what an amazing band.

Never a truer word. You cannot go wrong with any of his stuff. Enjoy it all and if your anything like me you will be listening to him for many more years to come!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭6stringmaniac

My voice is still gone. This was possibly the best gig I've ever been to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Mindblowing.

Why must John be so cool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I've seen both live dvds, and lots of clips on youtube, so knew what to expect for a live show, but this show blew everything away for me.
    The new versions of older songs, unreal. I thought it started off a little bit ropey, but once they hit the stride, it was unreal...

good excuse and funky tonight were unreal....

I loved the way they started the gig as well, kind of built up the anticipation, and straight into "used to get high". Never realised nicky bomba was such a great drummer...

Ye Bomba is a wicked drummer...he was principle drummer on "sunrise over sea" before he left to pursue his solo stuff..

im still buzzing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

JohnButler wrote: »
    Ye Bomba is a wicked drummer...he was principle drummer on "sunrise over sea" before he left to pursue his solo stuff..

im still buzzing!!

and bomba's own stuff ain't too shabby either..

Advertisement