Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Chamber of Commerce plan

Options
  • 22-03-2010 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

This caught my eye in the article: http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0322/dublin.html
    The Chamber's submission also calls for redevelopment of derelict sites and the removal of needle exchanges, head shops and homeless shelters in the central business district.

Overdue?

Where would they move these places to? a designated suburb?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

I agree with the building plan for the city and possibly the removal of head shops but do the chamber want to pretend there is no drug addicts or homeless people? Seeing junkies or homeless is not something we want to see on our streets but it is something we have to deal with. hiding them away in the suburbs is not tackling the problem. I'm afraid we have celtic tiger babies running the Dublin chamber. If they "really" cared about Dublin they would come up with some ideas instead of their victorian plans to a modern problem. Some people just don't understand we need a compassionate society to move forward not just a greedy one. Good thread by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

So where would the drug users and the homeless people go? Do they endorse the creation of more suburban ghettos? We've already seen the fantastic results of urban planning like that.

What about drug users in city centre areas? Where do they go to get clean needles?

What about homeless people in the centre? Do they just become invisible?

Shameful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

How do they deal with it in other countries? Keep the services in the city centre areas or move them away out of sight?

Advertisement