Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANNED

Options
  • 22-03-2010 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Or not banned. Have seen quite a few non-subscribers with "Banned" under their name, but still with their abilty to on that forum.

A glitch in the Matrix?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I don't think it is that hard to do. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I don't think it is that hard to do. :D
    Aye. But what is the reasoning behind it? Once, it was to let other people know that who were banned in that forum, but it seems that although the ban was lifted, the people still have the "banned" tag under their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

subscribers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Change it to Admin, that will turn a lot more heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

the_syco wrote: »
    Aye. But what is the reasoning behind it? Once, it was to let other people know that who were banned in that forum, but it seems that although the ban was lifted, the people still have the "banned" tag under their name.

No, the Banned tag means you're site-banned, not forum banned. People who put Banned in the tag, but are still posting, are subscribers. They just may not be identified as part of that group though, so the stars remain the same as for a non-subscribed user.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It shouldn't be allowed even for subscribers IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I thought "banned" wasn't allowed to be used under your name - likewise if a subscriber tried to put "moderator" under their name, it doesn't show up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

"Banned" is one of the censored words which may not appear in a user title. There are currently no non-banned subscribers with the word banned in their user title.

OP: Can you link me to some examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Conor wrote: »
    "Banned" is one of the censored words which may not appear in a user title. There are currently no non-banned subscribers with the word banned in their user title.

ermmm...there is one further up this thread.

Ludo wrote: »
    ermmm...there is one further up this thread.

Yep, but Tom Dunne is an Admin and hence immune from the censorship of user titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yep, but Tom Dunne is an Admin and hence immune from the censorship of user titles.

oh yeah...one rule for them another for everyone else...conspiracy I tells ya ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

*cough*

Is "Senior Developer" a banned phrase?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

*cough*
    *Achoo*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

*cough*
    muffler wrote: »
    *Achoo*

Doesn't work for me :D

Must be only for moderators/cmods & co

Tallon wrote: »
    Is "Senior Developer" a banned phrase?

No, but it would be em... unwise to play games with that or similar titles. :D
    *cough*
    Saibh wrote: »
    Doesn't work for me :D

Must be only for moderators/cmods & co

Yep, I just found the toggle switch labelled "Exempt Moderators From Censor". :)

No, but it would be em... unwise to play games with that or similar titles. :D

I'm not that type of person....

Easy now with your 1,000 post :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Me too, Banned and Admin both work.

Edit, Ok fun's over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Tallon wrote: »
    I'm not that type of person....

l_09998fc913d144ecbeabfe3e84c179f5.jpg

ya ya ya, i know it's not a chicken but i've been waiting 2 days to post the fecking thing... aaaaah

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

l_09998fc913d144ecbeabfe3e84c179f5.jpg

ya ya ya, i know it's not a chicken but i've been waiting 2 days to post the fecking thing... aaaaah
    "Implied Facepalm" ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Can non-moderators put "moderator" as their tagline?
    Yes. Yes they can.

Can non-moderators put "moderator" as their tagline?
    Yes. Yes they can.

There are 19 users who are not moderators who have "moderator" in their user title. None of them were put there by the users.

Looking at the names, it's either that they set it before the ban on "moderator" in user titles went in or they weren't de-modded properly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Cool. I love those stats!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Note to site developers..

If a subscriber puts "banned" "admin" "Moderator" under their user name, is it possible to have it that they see it as what they typed, but the rest of the site see it as "epic assclown"

Just checkin :pac:

Edit, personally, if i do subscribe, i will be changing mine to "Registered abUser"

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

snyper wrote: »
    Edit, personally, if i do subscribe, i will be changing mine to "Registered abUser"
    I could give you a couple of suggestions :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

snyper wrote: »
    If a subscriber puts "banned" "admin" "Moderator" under their user name, is it possible to have it that they see it as what they typed, but the rest of the site see it as "epic assclown"

Just checkin :pac:
    And what exactly you you think yours says right now? :D

Nice one Conor :cool:

Advertisement