Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a cover needed for the HTC Hero and such phones?

• 22-03-2010 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

For those of you who already have an HTC, would you recommend buying a leather-type cover for it?

I'll be getting a Desire. I want to just use it as a phone that doesn't need a cover, but maybe that would be unwise...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gerkeo

I have the Hero and the first thing i bought for it was a cover, it improved the handling of the phone too.
    THe one i got was not leather though, it was a plastic / silicone feeling one, got it from ebay Link

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

I got a kit off ebay, had both silicone and a leather cover that flips over the screen. Used the silicone at first but didn't like the feel of it plus it gathered loads of dust. Use the leather one now. Feels better and its peace of mind having the screen protected at all times

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Doc Daneeka

I use no cover and the phone is holding up very well, just keep in a pocket on it's own and keys/change in the other. Do use a screen protector which is practically unnoticeable once applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

A cover might not be necessary as the phone has a Teflon coating but I would recommend a screen protector, I bought this one a few months ago and it works very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 misetusame

Sounds like I'll be getting a cover kit then.

Just a question on the screen protector, doesn't that affect how the touch screen works on the capacitive screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

misetusame wrote: »
    Just a question on the screen protector, doesn't that affect how the touch screen works on the capacitive screen?

Not even slightly, I honestly can't even find mine to take it off its so discreet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I've a Nexus One and have no cover or screen protector on it. When i go out i usually pop it into the nylon pouch that it came with. I'm thinking of getting a leather case for it that has a flip cover though,just for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 misetusame

Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Isn't the screen on the Nexus one (and therefore the desire) scratch resistant? Seemed a few forums and review sites said it was?
    My mate has a hero snice June 09 and never used a screen protector and there is not a mark on it?

scary http://pocketnow.com/hardware-1/htc-hd2-scratch-test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

100gSoma wrote: »
    Isn't the screen on the Nexus one (and therefore the desire) scratch resistant? Seemed a few forums and review sites said it was?
    My mate has a hero snice June 09 and never used a screen protector and there is not a mark on it?

scary http://pocketnow.com/hardware-1/htc-hd2-scratch-test

Guess I don't need to bother with one for the HD2 then :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

hopefully it will come with a little glove/sleeve holder like the Nexus one did. That'll do the job nicely for pocket sharp things.

Advertisement