Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed's new york pizza closed down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Has anyone confirmed this? I'd be really disappointed if it was true :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 franj

OP is right, being replaced by another takeaway in next few weeks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Damn. Now we've only got those other 45 pizza places to go to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

well ive been told by the guy who bought it from ed but its all hush hush at the moment. thought once it was sold it was closed but just dotting the i and crossing the t's left

well ive been told by the guy who bought it from ed but its all hush hush at the moment. thought once it was sold it was closed but just dotting the i and crossing the t's left

So it's a chain...?

Oh dear gawd, if it's Pizza Hut Takeaway (or whatever the flying fudge it's called) I will seriously freak out.

• Advertisement

"hint hint" there is already a couple of them in galway thats all i can say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

"hint hint" there is already a couple of them in galway thats all i can say

Papa John's? Monroe's?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

My money is on Charcol(sp) Grill. They like being close to night clubs.

Ah fuk me... Def getting one later while I still can. I never get any other pizza like..

My money is on Charcol(sp) Grill. They like being close to night clubs.

Ah that would be a good guess alright. Not the worst place to go in there admittedly. I quite like the food there. Very sad to see Ed's go though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Ah that would be a good guess alright. Not the worst place to go in there admittedly. I quite like the food there. Very sad to see Ed's go though :(

As long as it's not another chicken place, that place is rancid!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

jasonorr wrote: »
    They own that Pizza Pizza shop on Saint Mary's Road and they deliver!

Here's the website.

stay well away from this place.

got a delivery from here yesterday, and it was easily the worst ive ever had in galway.
    got over charged and the pizza was basically like dry bread and the wedges were burnt,not only that but we never got our drinks, after we queried the non drink delivery, they said they'd drop us out some more in 20 minutes - but we're still waiting :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

got a delivery from here yesterday, and it was easily the worst ive ever had in galway.
    got over charged and the pizza was basically like dry bread and the wedges were burnt,not only that but we never got our drinks, after we queried the non drink delivery, they said they'd drop us out some more in 20 minutes - but we're still waiting :mad:

Don't apply for a job there either. If you like being messed around then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Hmmm, really? Haven't had a delivery from there yet, great food in the shop though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Look's like the rumours are true.

I'm keeping my mouth shut (as much as I can :pac:) but it's a fast-food joint that's going in there alright, but not a pizza place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Look's like the rumours are true.

I'm keeping my mouth shut (as much as I can :pac:) but it's a fast-food joint that's going in there alright, but not a pizza place.
    KFC? Please be KFC lol :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

OMG!!! I'd be so happy 'cause y'know it's been said KFC is what Galway really needs :rolleyes::confused:

Like how we needed a Burger King, Pizza Hut, etc. (Yet now that they're here no one goes to them). :rolleyes::P lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

OMG!!! I'd be so happy 'cause y'know it's been said KFC is what Galway really needs :rolleyes::confused:

Like how we needed a Burger King, Pizza Hut, etc. (Yet now that they're here no one goes to them). :rolleyes::P lol

I love Burger King...the Pizza Hut has apparently got better but I had it when it first opened up and it was crap compared to any other Pizza Hut I've been too.

zero19 wrote: »
    KFC? Please be KFC lol :rolleyes:

The KFC is gonna be at brierhill SC.
    At least it's not another bloody pizza place tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Burger King has been packed any time I've been in there and Pizza Hut seems to be doing well. So I assume some one does go into them.

• Advertisement

moonflower wrote: »
    Burger King has been packed any time I've been in there and Pizza Hut seems to be doing well. So I assume some one does go into them.

Isn't pizza hut just the fake take away pizza hut? Is there an actual sit down restaurant?

pizza hut had good offers but pizza not the greatest and customer service is terrible. same poor godfathers pizzas just in a different box but there chicken is yum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Isn't pizza hut just the fake take away pizza hut? Is there an actual sit down restaurant?

Yeah there is no sit down..and like the other lad said alot of their pizzas seem to be just Godfathers pizzas in a Pizza Hut box..not sure how they get away with that. A good Pizza Hut Pizza is lovely! I like Godfathers too but was really looking forward to Pizza Hut..shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Nah, they're definitely different. Godfather's didn't have that grainy stuff in their dough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Javajunkie

Ack, I hope this is bull****. I'm calling into Ed later on to see if this is true. I had noticed he wasnt opening sundays recently though.

I mean, I love the place. I've brought my family there. Now they act as though they come down to visit me, but i know in my heart of hearts its to eat at Ed's. Over the last three years I have eaten more pizza from there than most people would eat over the course of a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 xtraxtra

ed's pizza is pretty savage, pity to see it go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 oneintotwo

KFC for Ed's pizza? Not a fair swap :( No more frescas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Deadly Delta

I was in there yesterday, no sign of it closing down! I must say it's definitely the best pizza in town! The stuffed Sicilians are unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

Thanks for the update one month later! Maybe you could update this every month that ed's new york pizza is open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gugsy

Prob another charcoal grill. Hate burger king, fake chips and burgers.

Advertisement