Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed's new york pizza closed down

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

I thought I had posted here about this earlier. I called into Ed's an asked Ed directly. He said that he had been asked about it on more than one occasion and that it was just a rumor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 feargswalsh69

there really should be some sort of way to regulate who gets to start a thread....galway could go into something akin to nuclear meltdown if such filthy lies continued to spread from OP's such as this............Ed is ragin i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Nah, Ed's got a whole heap of free publicity, he'll be a happy man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

well i can tell ye for a fact deal is done. ed be closed by the end of the month

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

well i can tell ye for a fact deal is done. ed be closed by the end of the month

I'm getting a sense of deja vu here.....
    have it on very good grounds that ed has sold on his lease to another very succesful takeaway in galway. will be closing in next week or two

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Mactard wrote: »
    I'm getting a sense of deja vu here.....
    Guess who is just covering his bases.
    Several years later when Eds actually does close:
    Told ye so!

they are starting working on eds in a few days. been told it by guy who bought it so im guessing everything is signed and doubt ed be open again r.i.p eds new york pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Is it Charcoal Grill going in there?

ya it is. but there meant to be more keen on having a more turkish feel and a bigger selection

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

JustMary wrote: »
    Nah, Ed's got a whole heap of free publicity, he'll be a happy man.

I've worked in a place where someone started a rumour that the place was in financial trouble and closing down. Most of the suppliers suspended standard credit terms, and demanded cash on delivery. The owner had to go to the bank, cap-in-hand, and ask for an extra overdraft facility. The bank manager then thought that the rumours were true. Once this cycle begins, it's very difficult to get out of.

In this case, even if it's true, it could make it difficult for Ed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Tom Ghostwood

Eds is gone. Letter in the window thanking customers for their business the past three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

I thought I had posted here about this earlier. I called into Ed's an asked Ed directly. He said that he had been asked about it on more than one occasion and that it was just a rumor.

So Ed was full of s**t

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Ehhhh gotta make a living man! The Pizza Pie she is no good for buying the wife new clothes and the kids exotic pets...Forget about it!

Shame, it was good pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Mike... wrote: »
    So Ed was full of s**t

It would seem so...

Also:
    p1405101838.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Wow.. is that four Charcoals in Galway now then?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Wow.. is that four Charcoals in Galway now then?

Pat McDonagh will prob open 6 more supercacks on shop street and 8 more in eyre square to counter-act this

Dam Ed anyway I loved the spaghetti and meatballs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

My sources were right (as usual)

Yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

My money is on Charcol(sp) Grill. They like being close to night clubs.

Me first!! Btw its probably posted elsewhere but another Kebab place going into Conlons.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The only problem I have with Charcoal Grill is that the chicken is so fecking oily.
    Stop oiling your chicken so damn much pleeeeeeease.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

My main issue with charcoal grill is it's confusingly horrible yet still has a good local rep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

My main issue with charcoal grill is it's confusingly horrible yet still has a good local rep.

It's one of the few take-away places I can enjoy sober. Donor meat isn't everyone's thing, but it's rancid in other places compared to there. The taco chip is as nice as I've had anywhere else and the charcoal special is a massive feed and quite tasty.

I'm a fan of the old Kettle of fish myself.
    Fat chips FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I'm a fan of the old Kettle of fish myself.
    Fat chips FTW!

Love fat chips myself. Their taco is fairly tasty too actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

+1

Can't understand it, compared to kebabs and burgers in any other city in Europe it's really bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Preach!

In Athlone we have Alkababish which has great kebabs.
    In Dublin there was Iskanders which was amazing and Zaytoon which has the best kebabs I've had in Ireland.

Charcoal is muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Dunno about the meaty ones, but the place that used to be the Bagel Bar near Supermacs Eyre Sq has the best Falafal Ive tasted in Galway. For some reason its not on their menu but I pointed it out to him last night and he says he is going to do up a new menu.

Dunno about the meaty ones, but the place that used to be the Bagel Bar near Supermacs Eyre Sq has the best Falafal Ive tasted in Galway. For some reason its not on their menu but I pointed it out to him last night and he says he is going to do up a new menu.

There's also the kebab hut, that's new too. Pretty reasonable.
    Still push on to kettle of fish myself. They do really good calamari!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 frufru

Charcoal lamb shish FTW ;)
    cant stand that doner meat, horses for courses i suppose.
    lol, just realised what I just wrote...ba-dum-tisch

Advertisement