Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the best shop to buy a new laptop in Limerick

Options
  • 22-03-2010 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

Whats the best shop to buy a new laptop in Limerick? In terms of stocking the latest and best range, good product knowledge and service from the staff, good after sales service, good supply of spare parts at a reasonable price etc, and not just on the price of the product....
    I would in general prefer to buy from a shop rather than off the website....
    thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buttercupbee

I would definitely recommend to you Currys up at Parkway (is it?) retail park (the one with TK Maxx anyway).
    I went there JUST FOR A LOOK recently (was considering a laptop purchase myself but thankfully resolved my PC hell!) anyway you know yourself when you're just looking, sometimes you're afraid to ask for help in case you get set upon by a target mental salesperson who wont let go of you.

Well a lady called Saundra approached me in such a polite way that I wound up speaking to her for 3/4 of an hour, even though I had told her I was only THINKING about getting one but she didn't abandon me when other customers came along, as I was there with her first sort of way.
    She wasn't at all irritated by me (I had MANY MANY awkward questions!)
    and I found her to be very informative but not one bit pushy or mad for a sale.
    I took a liking to a certain make, that was a fair bit more expensive than the one Id first put my eye on but she recommended I steer clear of it for all
    sorts of the makes' after warrantee support reasons - she couldn't have been more honest with me.

Anyway, just a suggestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

I have used Soundstore and would highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

+1 on Soundstore for both price and after sales service.

Have bought TVs, HiFis, PCs, and kitchen appliances there, and have been happy everytime.

I tend to check all the local stores for price on what I want, but Soundstore generally comes out on top, but it is the after sale service that really makes me prefer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

click in the Crescent are competitive for price

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Buying the stuff in Currys is easy, but avoiding the cover plan hard sell is near impossible without the use of obscenities. also claiming on their cover plan is like pulling teeth.

any time I buy something there i tend to tell them at the outset that I have no interest in their cover plan and if they try to sell it to me I will take the model nnumber of the item and buy it elsewhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement