Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midleton - doctor + dentist

Options
  • 22-03-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi there,

Looking for a nice GP and dentist in Midleton – any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Jesus Christ

I currently use Market Green Dental Care, which is to the side of the Market Green S/C. It's a nice practice, the only downside is that they're very busy, so you can be waiting for an appointment. I'd guess they're losing business over it, my wife was certainly very frustrated the last time she made an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Rain_Dog_Brian

I use Market Green dental care also. Handy spot to get some shopping done at the same time.
    I had no problems with booking a speedy appointment cause I said it was an emergency (toothache).
    Dentist there won "Sensitive Dentist of the Year" i think and is a nice young fella.

I use Barryscourt Medical Centre in Carrigtohill. I had serious back problems and they always saw me asap.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭gagalina

cool - thanks so far - the Market Green dentist was the one i was thinking of.
    Any ideas about a doctor in Midleton? I know Carrigtwohill isn't that far away, but would rather have one in the same town.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

I go to Market Green too! Nicest dentist ever, and really good at what he does too.

Regarding doctors, the ladies next to the church are lovely. I know it looks like your granny's house from the outside, but inside it's totally modernised. I wish I could remember their names - I've only been there a couple of times, and not recently (I just haven't needed to go; I didn't change away from them!). Anyway, the address is St Mary's Road so I'm sure you'd see it in the phone book. I've never had to wait long and they've always seemed very thorough to me. If you're paying privately, I also find them cheaper than other GPs I've been to previously, which is always a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I had a terrible toothache last year and couldn't get a appt in Market Green, so want to Corabbey instead behind the main street. Great place! Er, as dentists go. I think all the dentists are women if that makes any difference to you, and I've been back several times since.

Sry, can't help on doctors, I live in Carrigtwohill so it's always been Barryscourt for me.

• Advertisement

cool - thanks for all the info - dentist booked for tomorrow - let's see how it goes ;-)

dentist appointment over and done with - quite nice going - love the fact that he has this tiny camera and takes pictures of your teeth to show you ;-)

clean, speedy, friendly - I'm happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 noelle.cork

The doctors practice next to the church is Midleton Medi-centre, the 2 female doctors are Annette Daly and Rosemary Hutch. Dr. Daly has been my doctor for several years now, through 2 pregnancies, is now my family doctor and I couldn't praise her enough. I would definitely recommend her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Pixie4

Totally agree with noelle.cork about Dr Daly...lovely doctor

Advertisement