Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brothers hospitalised after Waterford attack

• 22-03-2010 11:39am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0322/waterford.html
    Brothers hospitalised after Waterford attack
    Monday, 22 March 2010 10:19

Two men are in hospital following a serious assault in the People's Park in Waterford city last night.

The men, who are brothers and in their 20s, are believed to have been attacked by a group of up to five people with hurley sticks sometime between half past eleven and midnight.

It is understood the younger brother, aged 24, is in a critical condition in intensive care in Waterford Regional Hospital.
    Advertisement

The other brother, 27, is suffering from a suspected broken jaw and bruising to the face and upper body.

The Park has been sealed off for a technical examination and gardaí are appealing for witnesses.

No arrests have so far been made.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jaysus didnt hear anything about that. Anyone know who the brother where? i presume it was a random attack. 5 hard men alright. Bloody numpties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just mentioned on WLR news heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Where is the Peoples Park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

between the 3 shippes pub and De la Salle school on the Dunmore Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Something funny about that. I suspect it was pre-planned. A gang walking around with hurls at 11.30 - 12 at night. Surely any member of the public might see this as suspect.

• Advertisement

I think we can be certain it was a planned ambush the only question is why/who. I could speculate but won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I heard about it on the national news this morning.

Wasn't there a similar type attack on the main road near Viewmount recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I would hope it was a pre planned attack in a way.

It's not that late in fairness to be floating around down there.

Worrying times at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Heard helmets were compulsory ,no one told the knuckle heads with the hurls.

word is anyways the bruvs were chased down by the park after bit argy bargy in a nearby pub they legged it into the park but the gaa hurl posse caught up with them and beat the bejeasus out of them, sure its all on them street cameras anyways....or does looking at them come under the new work to rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Hoffmans wrote: »
    Heard helmets were compulsory ,no one told the knuckle heads with the hurls.

word is anyways the bruvs were chased down by the park after bit argy bargy in a nearby pub they legged it into the park but the gaa hurl posse caught up with them and beat the bejeasus out of them, sure its all on them street cameras anyways....or does looking at them come under the new work to rule?

Must be local so , if could get their hands on hurleys so quick or then again it may of bein pre planned , after all their has bein previous assaults here that may have retaliation wrote all over them , be interesting to hear more on this , lets hop the man in Intensive care pulls threw....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Feck sake. That park is dodgey enough looking without hearing stories like that.
    I know it was late enough at night time, but even if im in there during the day time, I always watch my back. You seem some suspicious looking heads in there.

I have seen people running around there at night maybe up till as far as half 10.

Maybe best to raise the Walls and lock it up at night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ziedth wrote: »
    I have seen people running around there at night maybe up till as far as half 10.

Maybe best to raise the Walls and lock it up at night?

ah that could have happened anywhere in town. nothing to do with it being down in the park.people do scummy things everywhere.why should everyone else suffer for a minorities actions ie the people that use the park for running,walking their dogs etc.

Maybe your right,

I'm actually surprised there isn't much worse of a scumbag element down there at night,

You have to wonder though would an attack like this happen if it was out in the open like if they were walking along were Domineos is.

It prob would you only have to look at the up in Louth where the poor woman was stabbed for not having a light.

Anyone hear anymore on this or the brothers especially one thats critical.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ziedth wrote: »
    Maybe your right,

I'm actually surprised there isn't much worse of a scumbag element down there at night,

You have to wonder though would an attack like this happen if it was out in the open like if they were walking along were Domineos is.

It prob would you only have to look at the up in Louth where the poor woman was stabbed for not having a light.

sure happens in centre of town most friday and sat nights lol.so ye i believe itll happen anywhere.

hardly anyone would be down the park late,ive often gone through there on me way home and they would be no one around,far more scumbags hanging around there during the day .

according to rte six one , 1 of brothers is on life support , gave names but i barely caught it , not on their site yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

jo06555 wrote: »
    according to rte six one , 1 of brothers is on life support , gave names but i barely caught it , not on their site yet.
    i heard it damian organ is on life support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭suirfire

I Heard from a good source (not going to name names here) that one brother is brain dead and it was a planned attack made by a ex-girlfriend

Sad when it comes to this huh

suirfire wrote: »
    I Heard from a good source (not going to name names here) that one brother is brain dead and it was a planned attack made by a ex-girlfriend

Sad when it comes to this huh

Pure SCUM , these 5 or so lads that lured 2 men to a location so they could beat them over the head with hurleys , its bad enough if they just gave them a beating but what cowards are they if they felt 5 men needed weapons to harm 2 men?? not a good sign if 1 is on life support at least the other brother may be able to give names of people involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Aldi have a special on hurlies this week...coincidence? I think not!

there is a time and place....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magpie30

5 on 2 = cowards scumbags
    5 on 2 with sticks cowards scumbags out and out. makes me sick to the stomach

wouldnt mind getting one of them into a square ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 scallywags

ah they wont get away with that. You would wonder if someone wanted to kill another with a hurley they could do easily. would nt give them that much time before they is caught.

Sickening if true but I'll hold back my rant until all info is released.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Clano wrote: »
    i heard it damian organ is on life support
    yeah. i heard that he is all but brown bread, from a good source. they are just waiting to turn it off.

Everybody has good sources. Sure didnt half of the town know the lads that shot the others a while back and all the stories from good sources where different to other peoples from good sources.

i shall sit back and have an ould can with Ziedith until we know the proper story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SheKnows

seanybiker wrote: »
    jaysus didnt hear anything about that. Anyone know who the brother where? i presume it was a random attack. 5 hard men alright. Bloody numpties

The brothers were Liam and Damien Organ,,otherwise known as Twee and Flipsy, Flipsy is the one on life support and Twee has bruising and a broken jaw they think,,he may be short but he's built like a brick wall.

:(

SheKnows wrote: »
    The brothers were Liam and Damien Organ,,otherwise known as Twee and Flipsy, Flipsy is the one on life support and Twee has bruising and a broken jaw they think,,he may be short but he's built like a brick wall.

:(

never heard of em to be honest. I know there's organs from carrick alright but dont know if they are anything to them.
    hopefully they catch the little cowards who done it to them. :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

the lads names just dont ring a bell at all, are they from Klmeaden by any chance though? a mate thinks he might know them

I will be joining Seany and Zeidth for a can till the full story is known about this

sickening attack though, and how it would take 5 of them with weapons to attack 2 men just shows what kind of people they are

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement