Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brothers hospitalised after Waterford attack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

merlante wrote: »
    Lads, I don't think this kind of thing is new. It's newsworthy because of the seriousness of the injuries. I'm sure these kind of ambushes have been fairly common down through the years.

Maybe. But in the past did people know when to stop?

I mean, maybe someone gets into a fight and then its over, but now it seems to be about serious head injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

But weren't they unarmed? Or were they?

I mean if it was a "let's step outside" thing if the others had hurlies (and according to the news and star, hockey sticks...I find that a bit odd and hard to believe tbh)....why didn't they come equipped?

What I'm taking from the whole thing thing is that it was a row and a step outside was mentioned and the others came with hockey sticks etc.

Now could be very wrong but merlante has a point that it is def nothing new. Prob happens allot just not this serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Such a shame that some people in this world can't live or even try to live a life without having to resort to voilence to either take something from another whether it been a laptop or a life.

I know nobody's perfect, but surely there are some more important things in ones life than having to try and take someone elses over something that has already been forgotten about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

nobody on the thread has said anyone involved is a saint afaik

the fact that he has had some trouble with the law in the past does not seem relevant to his, of course if he was a crime lord it would be newsworthy but he is not so its a silly comparison

plenty of people i know have had some troubles with the law but it doesnt make them "part of that world"

what happend to the lads was wrong, there is no excusing it and at the moment, without knowing what happened, trying to subtley imply that maybe they had it coming is out of order imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

seanybiker wrote: »
    Everybody has good sources. Sure didnt half of the town know the lads that shot the others a while back and all the stories from good sources where different to other peoples from good sources.

i shall sit back and have an ould can with Ziedith until we know the proper story.
    even a source in ballybricken?

• Advertisement

a source in ballybricken, wouldnt trust it unless it was from Sheridans tbh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

dayshah wrote: »
    Maybe. But in the past did people know when to stop?

I mean, maybe someone gets into a fight and then its over, but now it seems to be about serious head injuries

Well, I'd imagine it's a hard balance to find, hitting somebody hard enough in the head to put them out of commission but not hard enough to kill them... I suppose they could have given them a good beating by avoiding the head, but I think a beating is not a beating to a scumbag without some kind of a head shot.

It sort of reminds me of the rich kids from Blackrock college that killed that guy in Dublin outside a nightclub. There's something about a number of lads being involved that gives them the feeling that the blame is being spread around, and that no particular blow will be attributed to anyone in the heat of the moment. So 5 lads can walk off have done relatively little, being able to plausibly deny having done real damage, but leaving someone dead in their wake, and nobody gets done for murder.

As to implying that the lads weren't innocent, etc., I think people just want to believe that this sort of thing is not random and that it's not going to happen to them and theirs unless they get involved in crime. So from that point of view, I think it's relevant to know whether these guys were involved in criminality of some sort or not. Not that they deserved what happened in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

The attackers probably take drugs, which mess with your mind.

I expect more of this sort of thing as head shops are making mind messing substances more available.
    Drugs don't make people beat someone with hurleys. Being a total scumbag is the cause of that.

If you want to blame a drug for violent behaviour, blame alcohol. That's the one drug that can make people violent.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hey Guys, please refrain from posting hearsay, currently one of the brothers is still on a life support machine, thats all we know for certain at the moment.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Hey Guys, please refrain from posting hearsay, currently one of the brothers is still on a life support machine, thats all we know for certain at the moment.

eh

whatever you wanted to say about the rest of my post

the arrests have been on the news so not exactly hearsay tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kryogen wrote: »
    eh

whatever you wanted to say about the rest of my post

the arrests have been on the news so not exactly hearsay tbh

Fair point, my apologies, however, that was the very last point in your post, the other points are still just hearsay
    they have 4/5 in custody in waterford and tramore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Gardai were conducting house to house enquiries in maritana gate this morning when I was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 magpie30

Similar thing happened to a friend of ours, actually. He's going through a custody case with his ex, was warned not to bring up her recreational cocaine use (which she carries out in the home with their child). When he did so, was set upon a few day later walking to work by 3 thugs who warned him off. Suffered a fractured jaw, multiple kicks to the groin, face and stomach and a broken finger.

As he couldn't identify the guys and can't prove conclusively that his ex was involved, there's nothing the Gards can do about it.

think i might know a little, by putting 2 and 2 together, i Sympathize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SheKnows

Aquos76 wrote: »

When I was out there today, they were waiting for a brain doctor to come down from Dublin to officially declare him brain dead :( wasn't even allowed into see him because I'm not family.

SheKnows wrote: »
    When I was out there today, they were waiting for a brain doctor to come down from Dublin to officially declare him brain dead :( wasn't even allowed into see him because I'm not family.

how did you get access to the hospital if you dont mind me asking?

Drugs don't make people beat someone with hurleys. Being a total scumbag is the cause of that.

If you want to blame a drug for violent behaviour, blame alcohol. That's the one drug that can make people violent.

I agree about alcohol, but think cocaine is probably worse.

My point is that if you give drugs to a scumbag it makes them a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

Shocking stuff altogether. But at the same time im not really suprised. One lad i know got his face slashed few weeks ago outside electric avenue by some scummer for nothing and sure remember yer man that got stabbed over a battered sausage few years back.

I just dont undersatand people.

I dont condone violence but if something had to be sorted, do it with your fists for **** sakes or something. I dont know.

Yad have to be thinking if there is 5 of ye going down with hurleys that there is a good chance yer gonna kill someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I agree about alcohol, but think cocaine is probably worse.

My point is that if you give drugs to a scumbag it makes them a lot worse.
    it is a true thing that you say. a scumbag on a cheap chemical binge can be a nasty thing. that's a generalisation and not something I'm aware of being a factor here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

midnight on a sunday most people are relaxing at home for work or whatever on monday ,
    not creeping round a dark park & up to no good... especially the "ladies" that were involved more often than not mangey "ladettes" are the starters of these sort of attacks egging on the knuckleheads doing the kicking to excess like wild dogs with rabies....

all that been said if your on the junk theres not much going on in your head in the first place....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Ye and the fellas showing off to the girls , thinking aren`t we such hard men :rolleyes: lets see how hard they are when they go to jail if any under 18 they wont do well up in st patricks in dublin..

Any update on the brothers today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

The two chaps allegedly involved were up dis morning got bail (joke)
    two blow-ins into town resident on the quays.....
    the other guy is still on the Ls machine..
    to be sure more serious charges will be forthcoming when its switched off....

Hoffmans wrote: »
    some joke out on bail , iv never heard of both men.

heres latest http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0324/organd.html

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

was it a pre planned attack on the two brothers?

or was it a random attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

jo06555 wrote: »
    some joke out on bail , iv never heard of both men.

heres latest http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0324/organd.html

RTE blocked in work :rolleyes:

can someone copy and paste the report please?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

wo Waterford men have been charged with assaulting a 24-year-old who is now on a life support machine after the attack.

24-year-old Damien Organ, from Waterford, was attacked in the People's Park in the city last Sunday night or Monday morning, where he received serious head injuries.

He is in a critical condition at Waterford Regional Hospital.
    Advertisement

Martin O'Brien, 21, with an address at The Quay, Waterford and 19-year-old Kieran Deegan, also from Waterford city, appeared at the District Court this morning.

Both were remanded on bail with a number of conditions, including that they sign on at Waterford Garda Station three times a week and do not interfere with any potential witnesses.

The court heard both the accused are not working, they were granted free legal aid, and are due back in court at different dates next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Hoffmans wrote: »

Where they from?

savic04 wrote: »
    was it a pre planned attack on the two brothers?

or was it a random attack

From whats bein said i think it was planned , random in the middle of the park at that hour i cant see , and why would people go so far just for the thrill of jumping someone , no i think all involved defo knew eachother for this much violence to be involved..

jo06555 wrote: »
    From whats bein said i think it was planned , random in the middle of the park at that hour i cant see , and why would people go so far just for the thrill of jumping someone , no i think all involved defo knew eachother for this much violence to be involved..

In fairness it must have been planned.

They only people who carry hurleys with them every hour of the day are Kilkenny people, and I doubt they would hang about the park at midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SheKnows

kryogen wrote: »
    how did you get access to the hospital if you dont mind me asking?

walked in through the main doors,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

SheKnows wrote: »
    walked in through the main doors,

I must admit I lol'd but I'm sure he means with the vomiting bug since I'm fairly sure it's "family" only allowed in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement