Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brothers hospitalised after Waterford attack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SheKnows

I must apologize. I'm sorry. I just really care about the brothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I think the dear diary moment is grossly inappropriate for a public forum imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I would have to agree......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

turns out i actually know one of the lads involved in the assault, im shocked by his involvment, i wont name him on thread in case the mods frown on me!

given the size of the chap however im especially surprised that he would have used a weapon

nice family too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

kryogen wrote: »
    turns out i actually know one of the lads involved in the assault, im shocked by his involvment, i wont name him on thread in case the mods frown on me!

given the size of the chap however im especially surprised that he would have used a weapon

nice family too

Are you talking about the Deegan chap? (his name is everywhere) If its the same fella im thinking of I knew him when he was younger wouldn't hurt a fly but fell into the wrong crowd the last time I saw him.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

dazftw wrote: »
    Are you talking about the Deegan chap? (his name is everywhere) If its the same fella im thinking of I knew him when he was younger wouldn't hurt a fly but fell into the wrong crowd the last time I saw him.

yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

where abouts are the deegans from in town ?never heard of em tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

kryogen wrote: »

nice family too

I'm the same. Could'nt believe it was him involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

anplaya wrote: »
    where abouts are the deegans from in town ?never heard of em tbh

It's a city, you cant be expected to know everyone :p

Not a big city though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Any more news on the condition of the brothers in hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Still no news on the brothers???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

pommers wrote: »
    Still no news on the brothers???

Strange no update on the man thats critical maybe no news is good news he may not be as bad now? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

jo06555 wrote: »
    Strange no update on the man thats critical maybe no news is good news he may not be as bad now? :confused:

Dont want to be second guessing but i'd assume no change :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 freestyle20

the ex had nothin to do wit it she got caught up in it and did try and stop the situation wen it got out of hand she did not plan anythin....

What?

i wont go into anymore but this ex had nothin to do wit what happend she did not plan anythin she got pulled into somethin that should of not happend

and would you mind sharing with us how you know the information?

cause, to be fair, you could be someone on here making things up like, not saying you are of course!

i really should not be sayin anythin at all i know i just know cause it came frm the horses mouth not makin this up i know 1 of them very well cant really go into anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

the ex had nothin to do wit it she got caught up in it and did try and stop the situation wen it got out of hand she did not plan anythin....

No offence but when you cant back up your statement, it falls under the catogory of speculation which is higly frowned upon on this thread.

• Advertisement

Princessa wrote: »
    No offence but when you cant back up your statement, it falls under the catogory of speculation which is higly frowned upon on this thread.

Or, as their has bein speculation around the girl involved , this is someone trying to get a better profile for her in the public . :confused: id be interested to know myself how you know this freestyle20 ???

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Or, as their has bein speculation around the girl involved , this is someone trying to get a better profile for her in the public . :confused: id be interested to know myself how you know this freestyle20 ???

So two posts speculating makes it ok?
    Speculation is speculation, its been warned about already in fairness

how do you know this then?

I'm seriously begining to think a mod should close this thread until the real story comes to light,

As interesting as it is to hear the various theories I'd hate to see how his family would react if they googles his name and came here and read the various theorys.

Everyonea good source can't be right ya know?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm seriously begining to think a mod should close this thread until the real story comes to light,

As interesting as it is to hear the various theories I'd hate to see how his family would react if they googles his name and came here and read the various theorys.

Aye but I think for the moment we will issue infractions/bans - multiple warnings given by other mods and I would prefer thread spoilers did not result in thread closure.

Have a source? Great, but it must be reliable and something we can easily check and confirm as true. Everything else is speculation and speculation can hurt the family of the victims. Bans are being issued to those who refuse to listen to the multiple mod warnings on this - give it a rest please.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Princessa wrote: »

Mod Note:

I'm prepared to let it slide as its barley falling as speculation - the comments have little effect on the family involved. Its more detailed speculation and inappropriate "facts" we are trying to stop.

Anyway, two bans issued and the topic has been cleaned. Lets avoid speculating and keep to facts folks. Thanks.

ziedth wrote: »

Ye but surely anyones opinions on things here cannot be taking as fact , so closing a thread just because people are giving their storys is not best imo, how about we all just keep an open mind , every thread lately seems to be threathened with closure, travellers , muslims just incase we upset someone , as i said why not everyone just keep open mind and dont go making out just cause they see something on boards.ie its fact , i would agree tho if people do say things they think they know they should back them up with some sort of evidence or proof , saying i heard from good source does not really go that far.

Ye but surely anyones opinions on things here cannot be taking as fact , so closing a thread just because people are giving their storys is not best imo, how about we all just keep an open mind , every thread lately seems to be threathened with closure, travellers , muslims just incase we upset someone , as i said why not everyone just keep open mind and dont go making out just cause they see something on boards.ie its fact , i would agree tho if people do say things they think they know they should back them up with some sort of evidence or proof , saying i heard from good source does not really go that far.

Mod Note:

I'm not for closing the thread but we (the mods) wont have speculation. We have seen the damage it has caused before, so our approach is different this time around. Thats how its going to be, people can have a huge open mind but as long as they don't come here with their sources information unless its factual and easily backed up then all will be fine.

Now, if anybody has any questions/concerns/suggestions on how the mods should deal with this or similar threads, please do send us a PM but lets keep this as on topic as we can. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bubbles10

Prior to reading this, please note that all aspects of this comment has been reviewed and approved for posting by all members of the Organ Family

Hi,
    I AM a family member, (I promise you this is true) and we have been following your views, comments and opinions since the beginning of this thread. One day, I was checking to see what the papers have been saying so I “googled” damien’s name and stumbled upon your site! In fact, when this thread was only 6 pages long, I printed it off and we sat reading through all of your comments together.
    I can tell you that the reaction from family members towards your comments is very mixed. Whilst most comments have been comforting and supportive, (for which the family are thankful and appreciative), there are many which have infuriated us, such as those assumptions and misinterpretations from "sheknows" and freestyle".
    Having thought long and hard about joining this site, we as a family have decided that we would like to put things straight to the best of our capabilities. Please note however, that this is still a very sensitive and upsetting subject with ongoing Garda investigations.
    Firstly, we would like to assure you that most of what you have been following in the papers etc has been based on pure presumption, most of which is, in its entirety, inaccurate. Firstly the older brother does not have a broken jaw. Secondly, neither of them were in any pub so no row took place in any public house or otherwise and did not subsequently result in a continuation into the park.
    Regarding the comment from “freestyle” about the ex-girlfriend…………all I can say is that the truth will come out in the end.
    Regarding the comments from “sheknows”……if you do care about the lads as you say you do, please stop speculating and causing family outrage at your suggestions that you gained access to where Damien is.
    There are very tight security measures in place and there is a PASSWORD SYSTEM in operation at WRH and only those of us with that password have or can gain access to Damien.
    We believe this attack on Liam and Damien was callous, cowardly and premeditated and was not, (as claimed by some), meant for Damien at all.
    I’m sorry but I cannot give any further information on this as of yet.
    For those of you who have been asking about Damien, (and we do thank you for you’re your concern), please be advised that he is still remains in a very critical condition on Life Support in WRH and his situation has not changed. Liam has been released from WRH but has suffered severe injuries, (not a broken jaw however!!! :rolleyes:)
    On behalf of our family, we would like to thank those of you who have issued many comforting words and supportive messages throughout this entire ordeal. It is a very sad and frustrating time for us as a family.
    We would particularly like to thank users “kryogen”, “zeidth”, “jo06555” and “seanybiker” as you have remained open minded, supportive, concerned and generally equitable throughout this entire thread.
    I hope this clears some issues for you and again, please consider that we, as a family are following your comments daily and it does have effects on us.
    Thank You :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Fair play to ya for joining. Good to hear one of them is out of hospital anyways. Hopefully the other chap pulls through. Feel happy now keeping an open mind even with people saying they knew this and that. Hope the little bitches that done this get whats coming to them. Karma always has a way of biting ya in the ass.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement