Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brothers hospitalised after Waterford attack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kittymiss

horrific incident read about it in the star sunday in fairness i would say some of the media reports would be a lot more out of touch with the story you have protrayed ,than the posters here..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bubbles10

seanybiker wrote: »
    Fair play to ya for joining. Good to hear one of them is out of hospital anyways. Hopefully the other chap pulls through. Feel happy now keeping an open mind even with people saying they knew this and that. Hope the little bitches that done this get whats coming to them. Karma always has a way of biting ya in the ass.

Thanks a million. We really were very undecided as to whether or not to join but with supportive posters such as yourself, we're happy to be able to offer clarification. Thanks again for your supportive messages seanybiker :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Glad to hear one lad has been discharged and how things improve for the other lad. As a mum of young teenagers it's every family's fear.

kittymiss wrote: »
    horrific incident read about it in the star sunday in fairness i would say some of the media reports would be a lot more out of touch with the story you have protrayed ,than the posters here..

The article's we ourselves have seen in the papers, appear to be based on speculation and supposition. This is one of the reasons why we decided to join boards.ie, in order to hopefully offer clarification to it's members regarding this appalling incident.
    I hope we have achieved that and thank posters once again for their support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

bubbles10 wrote: »
    Thanks a million. We really were very undecided as to whether or not to join but with supportive posters such as yourself, we're happy to be able to offer clarification. Thanks again for your supportive messages seanybiker :)

Fair play for joining. I wish the two lads well, it was a horrible thing to have to happen. I hope your family are coping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

It must be awful to be reading speculation in the newspapers etc. Its a hard enough time as it is, without having to read things in the papers that cause you even more hurt.
    My thoughts and good wishes are with the family, we all hope that Damien pulls through.

deisemum wrote: »
    Glad to hear one lad has been discharged and how things improve for the other lad. As a mum of young teenagers it's every family's fear.

Yes it certainly is every parents worst nightmare. Thank you very much for your kind words :)

Fair play for joining. I wish the two lads well, it was a horrible thing to have to happen. I hope your family are coping.

Thank you. Family are doing as well as can be expected. It has been a horrific shock to everyone :(

Princessa wrote: »
    It must be awful to be reading speculation in the newspapers etc. Its a hard enough time as it is, without having to read things in the papers that cause you even more hurt.
    My thoughts and good wishes are with the family, we all hope that Damien pulls through.

Thank you "princessa" for your kind words. We are very grateful :)
    Yes it is very hard on all family members reading the papers etc.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Just got to the end of this thread and wanted to wish the Organ Family all the best - I hope that you start to get some positive news on Damien from the medical Team.

- I'd ask anyone who knows anything about this to redeem yourselves by giving information (no matter how insignificant it might seem on its own) to the investigating Gardaí - And I hope I'm correct, but I'd imagine there are avenues in place for People to give what could be vital information anonymously?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Raiser wrote: »
    Just got to the end of this thread and wanted to wish the Organ Family all the best - I hope that you start to get some positive news on Damien from the medical Team.

- I'd ask anyone who knows anything about this to redeem yourselves by giving information (no matter how insignificant it might seem on its own) to the investigating Gardaí - And I hope I'm correct, but I'd imagine there are avenues in place for People to give what could be vital information anonymously?

Yup.. The Garda Confidential Line Number is: 1 800 666 111 :)

Raiser wrote: »

Thank you for your best wishes.................very much appreciated.
    And thank you for your request for information also...............
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Just heard that the guy that was in hospital has passed on, very very sad news, my thoughts go to his family. I hope they pull thru this tough test of them..

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Just incase anyone is in doubt:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-dies-following-waterford-assault-452344.html
    A man has died in hospital in Waterford following an assault in the People's Park in the city last month.

He was one of two men in their 20s attacked in the park on March 21. He died in Waterford Regional Hospital this evening.

A post mortem will be carried out tomorrow.

Two people have already been charged in relation to the attack.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-dies-following-waterford-assault-452344.html#ixzz0jsCQ1YUo
    Terrible news, and an absolutely horrible way to go. Thoughts are with the family, and I seriously hope the people who carried out this sick crime have swift and stern justice brought down on them, for the entire town's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ah crap. So sorry to hear about your loss bubbles and family. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ah crap. So sorry to hear about your loss bubbles and family. :(

Just to echo Seany's sentiments. Thats terrible news, my thoughts are with his famliy and friends. :(

Just to confirm that yes, indeed, Damien passed away this afternoon.
    This is a terribly sad time for all of us in the family and we would like to thank all of you for your kind messages of condolances.
    Rest in Peace Damien. Gone but never, ever forgotten.

We'll never understand why at such a young age, you were taken from us. We can only assume that God needed an angel and knew that in you, he had the best.
    Sadly missed................XXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jesus, I hadn't looked at this thread for a while.

bubbles10 my thoughts go out to you and yours, stay strong for Liam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Very sorry to hear this, life seems soooo cheap these days it really makes one despair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

To be honest I just can't understand how things like this can happen.

My thoughts are with the family and the brother in particular. I hope he makes a full recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Rest in peace Damien - My condolences to all of the Organ Family at this difficult time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Sorry for your loss bubbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Deepest sympathies........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Sorry for your loss. I hope those responsible go away for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Just not right at all! Feel very sorry for the family, nothing anyone can say that will make a difference right now.

I hope this gets dealt with properly, I can't stand to see people carrying out these cowardly acts and walking the streets after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

RIP

for the sake of a few euro. A very sad loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I can add nothing more but my condolences. I know his mam and sister from where they work and this just must be devastating. I wish you the strength to get through this and hope that those responsible are held to account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Rest in Peace Damien ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Jondow

Sorry for your loss Bubbles.Absolutely shocking. Thoughts with you all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 haydo333

I have been following this thread since the assault. I am so sorry to hear the news this morning about Damien passing. I didn't know anyone involved but my thoughts are with his family and friends. Nothing is worth the loss of a life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement