Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Neo Geo Fighter?

Options
  • 22-03-2010 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

A little to much capcom going on for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I like SF as much as the next guy, but what about Samurai Showdown? Or the Last Blade series?

Work it people!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Thrown away many hours on King of Fighters 96 and Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Alas my only proper usage of NEO GEO games would be SNK vs Capcom, Campcom vs SNK 2 and NEO GEO Battle Coliseum. (Let us never speak of that last one ever again)
    I've always wanted to give Samurai Showdown a shot though on account of Nakoruru being awesome.

EDIT: Wait, slight brain melt there, I've played a decent amount of KoF of course! XD After college I want to go back to Maximum Impact 2 and finally unlock all the characters. 14 hidden characters? I mean come on.

EDIT: Though I suppose Smash Bros probably has more hiddens... bah, whetever. =D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DecentBee

KING OF THE F'N MONSTERS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sairus wrote: »
    Alas my only proper usage of NEO GEO games would be SNK vs Capcom, Campcom vs SNK 2 and NEO GEO Battle Coliseum.

CVS2 isn't a Neo Geo game

edit: also my favourite is Breakers Revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    CVS2 isn't a Neo Geo game
    I meant to say one of my only contacts with NEO GEO characters was in that yoke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Samurai Showdown 2 was always my favourite. I prefer my games to be slow and tactical and there's no other fighter more tactical than SS2. The slow pace and long stand offs make it flow like a cinematic sword fight and one wrong move can lead to eating a tonne of damage so you have to be careful. It looks gorgeous and the blood sprays look great.

I only played a small amount of Garou on the 360 but what I played I really liked.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wasted alot of time in the arcades on

Fatal Fury 2 (Joe ftw). I remember one of the arcades had Fatal Fury 1 labelled as Street Fighter 3 :D

I played a bit of World Heroes 1 and 2 but the inputs felt really syrupy.

King of Fighters (the first one!)

Samurai Showdown (nothing like the satisfaction of landing a heavy blow in it)

King of the Monsters rocks my world too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

sam shodown 4

waku waku 7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

waku waku 7 is cool game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

KOF 98,2002
    Fatal Fury Special
    Sam Sho 2
    Garou
    Art Of Fighting 1&2

Though my fave would be Kizuna Encounter

...Or WindJammers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Only ever really got into Garou:MotW, though I tried my hand at Last Blade 2 as well.

Also, SvC: Chaos sucked, NGBC sucked, KOF Neowave was meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Mark of the F'n Wolves!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    waku waku 7 is cool game

oh yeah and kof 98 garou ss2 aren't bad either i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Don't play much NG games but Breaker's Revenge ftw and also some Garou

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yreval wrote: »

oh yeah and kof 98 garou ss2 aren't bad either i guess
    SO much better than MvC2 SFIV's music!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Garou and LB2 are f'in awesome games, lot of effort and polish put into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Whybin

I'd completely forgotten about Waku Waku 7, freaking weird game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Mark of The Wolves, KOF '98 and XI and pretty good. XI was handy as it actually got a good PAL release for the PS2, unlike the previous ones which I wont even dwell on.
    The Fatal Fury games are really underrated IMO. FF3 and Real Bout 2 are great. FF2 and Special were great fun back in the day though they haven't aged too well and seem horribly slow compared to anything of recent times.

Samurai Showdown 2 is really the king of SNK games though. I love those medieval Japanese inspired character designs and as a game it played much more tactical than any other 2D fighter. I heard that Samurai Shodown VI was meant to be as good as 2 but never got to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ovZkQFeg0

not really a fighter but I have spent more time playing this then anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Garou! My Jenet is sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Hercule wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ovZkQFeg0

not really a fighter but I have spent more time playing this then anything else!

that looks ****in deadly

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jim wrote: »
    Garou! My Jenet is sick.

I preffered Ry's butt, tbh.

His Dong wasn't bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Whybin wrote: »
    A little to much capcom going on for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I like SF as much as the next guy, but what about Samurai Showdown? Or the Last Blade series?

Work it people!

Ah the period before every male SNK character became a stereotypical androgynous pretty boy and every female character dressed like Japanese school girl from the SNK clone factory(Rant/)

Samurai Shodown was a great series. I liked the first two Art of Fighting games also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I preffered Ry's butt, tbh.

His Dong wasn't bad either.

This is the post of the century, right here.

Advertisement