Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fire yesterday?

Options
  • 22-03-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

I saw a big enough fire yesterday that was under control fairly quickly. It was around either the back of Dun na Coiribe or the dyke road forrest area. Anyone know how it was started or where it was?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Saw a fire roughly here yesterday evening. Have no idea how it started though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

T'was little sh1tes starting fires up there on the Dyke Road, all under control by Fire Brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Now that I think of it, there was a fire in pretty much the same spot either on Friday or Saturday; as well as Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Someone started a fire directly behind Dunnes Stores Westside ( Grassy/overgrown/swampy area ) on Saturday, whole place is burnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

The unseasonable good weather seems to be bringing them out alright.

• Advertisement

Despite the recent rain the ground is very dry and there is plenty of dry dead grass around.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    The unseasonable good weather seems to be bringing them out alright.

I was joking with a Polish guy the other week that ye should be apologising for this unscheduled interruption to our rainfall supplies.

Advertisement