Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel info: Pompey 27th March @ WHL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Cheers, don't think I will make that trip into central London with the little guy as the other services will be jammmers me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Get the train to Kings Cross from Gatwick? No brainer really.

http://www.londontoolkit.com/accommodation/kings_cross_transfers.htm

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

golfball37 wrote: »
    Get the train to Kings Cross from Gatwick? No brainer really.

http://www.londontoolkit.com/accommodation/kings_cross_transfers.htm

:eek:

Thanks, I'm fully aware of that. I'd still need to travel from King's X onwards to WHL via Liverpool Street, or get the Picadilly Line to Finsbury Park and get a bus down to the High Rd from there.

Not really a no brainer in fairness.

larry1 wrote: »
    Cheers, don't think I will make that trip into central London with the little guy as the other services will be jammmers me thinks

Where you flying to and what time were you thinking of heading in Larry?

You'd be grand heading back out to the Lane about 1pm I'd say, best bet would be to try and get a mainline service from Liverpool Street to Northumberland Park and walk up from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

On the 8.10am to Stansted and was going to try & get the 10am stansted express into Liverpool st & have a wander around. I have arranged my little guys birthday message to be displayed on the Jumbotron so I don't want to miss it ;)

• Advertisement

larry1 wrote: »
    On the 8.10am to Stansted and was going to try & get the 10am stansted express into Liverpool st & have a wander around. I have arranged my little guys birthday message to be displayed on the Jumbotron so I don't want to miss it ;)

You could head into the city for two hours, then head back around 1pm. Direct to White Hart Lane station takes about 22min, Northumberland Park about 15mins. That would surely work?

Not much up Tottenham way to keep him occupied.

Hope he has a great day out either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I need to get to Euston after the game to get a train to Liverpool at 6.30. F*** it all. How can you do engineering works on the Victoria Line when Spurs are at home???????? Will never complain about CIE again...

WHL wrote: »
    I need to get to Euston after the game to get a train to Liverpool at 6.30. F*** it all. How can you do engineering works on the Victoria Line when Spurs are at home???????? Will never complain about CIE again...

Leave match 5 mins early, walk down to Tottenham Hale. Jump on Stansted Express to Liverpool St, then get any number of connections from there to Euston or jump in a cab. From 17:44 to 17:58 TFL gives 6 options to Euston that get you there at the latest 18:15.

There should be trains from Tottenham Hale at 17:15 and 17:30 (check to see if they stop at Northumberland Park before reaching Hale), journey takes 15mins.

Alternatively try White Hart Lane station, will be less time walking but might be a while waiting on train and I'd recommend leaving 10 mins early to beat the queue. Trains are every 15mins, earliest you'll get is the 16:47, they take 23mins.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/travel/news/victoria-line-closure-this-weekend-220310.html

No Victoria Line running.

The one fúcking weekend I go through Gatwick...:mad:

bitter...

I might see you in the coach for a pint before the game mate.

2 games in 4 days, lets hope we win both now.

Mullo76 wrote: »
    bitter...

I might see you in the coach for a pint before the game mate.

2 games in 4 days, lets hope we win both now.

It's a date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Thanks a million RecklessOne,

I am sitting in Block 49 which is the corner of the Paxton and the West Stand so it looks like an early exit to White Hart Lane Station might be the best option.

Thanks for pointing out tfl - I had not seen this before

WHL

Advertisement