If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio (Vector) speaker brackets

Options
  • 22-03-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

I hung the speakers (rears) using the brackets and was disappointed to see that they weren't rigid enough to support the weight of the speakers. The bracket flexes under the weight which results in the speaker base resting against the wall.

I'm aware that MA don't supply specific brackets for these, but is this the way the speakers should be? I was considering putting them on shelves otherwise.

Brackets were hung upside down, as advised.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I hung the speakers (rears) using the brackets and was disappointed to see that they weren't rigid enough to support the weight of the speakers. The bracket flexes under the weight which results in the speaker base resting against the wall.

I'm aware that MA don't supply specific brackets for these, but is this the way the speakers should be? I was considering putting them on shelves otherwise.

Brackets were hung upside down, as advised.

Mount

We have never had this issue before!

I can get our installer out to you if you like to have a look - sounds really strange and I'm sure he will have some solution (if he suggest superglue slap him!) give me a shout personally into the office and we will get you an appointment to get you sorted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Duh! All sorted.

Umm, I ....emm...

I forgot to tighten a screw....umm.

smiley_emoticons_doh.gif

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Duh! All sorted.

Umm, I ....emm...

I forgot to tighten a screw....umm.

smiley_emoticons_doh.gif

Mugger,

thanks for the update - don't worry - I have days when the brain does not quite engage as well (as you well know ;))

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13 caff23

Mugger,

I'm looking for some wall brackets for My MA vectors also, If you don't mind me asking what brackets are you using?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.