Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with door repair

• 22-03-2010 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi,

My inside timber front door got damaged when we got locked out. We had to force it open at the lock area with a spade. It has left it with a gashed hole at the edge of the entrance side. Is there something I can use to build up the area again or must I get a new door.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I saw an insurance appointed repairer fix a door jamb after a burglary with Isopon. I was surprised but it sanded down absolutely perfectly and painted over to a great finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

No company guarantees the repair as far as I remember. Thats why insurence companies cover you for a locksmith. Its cheaper than the new door.

Can you ask a carpentor and then paint your door depending on how satasfied with the finish you might be able to varnish

For next time...My attitude has been its always cheaper to replace a window.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭starlight09

69 wrote: »
    I saw an insurance appointed repairer fix a door jamb after a burglary with Isopon. I was surprised but it sanded down absolutely perfectly and painted over to a great finish.

Thank you 69 for the quick reply. I will look into that product, now I have somewhere to start, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭starlight09

No company guarantees the repair as far as I remember. Thats why insurence companies cover you for a locksmith. Its cheaper than the new door.

Can you ask a carpentor and then paint your door depending on how satasfied with the finish you might be able to varnish

For next time...My attitude has been its always cheaper to replace a window.

Hi Joey,

I dont know about the window, ha, ha. I could ask a carpenter but I like DIY projects. I will give it a go myself. Thanks for replying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    Put up a pic and we will see what can be done

• Advertisement
Advertisement