Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beamish & Crawford

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Great set! Every brewery needs a foamy chair...

Was there any kind of environmentally-controlled hop store, or was it all done with extract?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Great album and love the pallet of O'Haras Stout!

4448439884_c323342b79.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

The hop extract was stored in a cold store near the brew house and only taken from there just before it was used in the brews.
    It only a pitty we only did a very small amount of O'Haras stout and red ale. They were great beers

Just on the foamy chair we actually got some one to sit on it after the picture was taken :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Great Photos, Thanks for sharing them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 On the Bench

Was Carling brewed by Beamish in Cork? I know its now brought in from England in cans, not sure if its sold on draft anymore here?

• Advertisement

Was Carling brewed by Beamish in Cork?
    It was.
    I know its now brought in from England in cans, not sure if its sold on draft anymore here?
    It will be soon. MolsonCoors have Big Plans for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

It was a pleasure sharing them. I have a few more some where in the dark annals of the hard drive and CD and when I find them I will add them to the flickr also. I also have a few videos of the bottling line at full speed and old racking line.

Yes indeed Carling was brewed in South Main Street. We used to do it in Draft (a constant run each week, no ups or downs in the numbers, just the same each week) and once a month we did those stubby pint bottles. It was a pleasure to work with in draft and a nightmare in bottle as the bottles were not uniform and were re-used. The cans were done in the UK by Carling themselves. Towards the end all of the Carling was bulkered in to us.

Fair play to Molson Coors. How is going doing it for them here or will it be bulkered in at HG and liqoured back or will it come in as ready.

I'm fairly sure it won't be brewed here. All they've done is open a sales office to help shift Carling, Grolsch and Caffrey's, brought in finished from the UK.

A bit of White Shield wouldn't go amiss...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 On the Bench

Carling is selling well on tap in the North at the moment. Its association with soccer will help them when they push it down here on tap. it was always a big seller in limerick.

Thanks for the photos.

Advertisement