Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Tag-off alarm

Options
  • 22-03-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Has anyone ever noticed a siren/alarm that rings after you tag-off your Luas smart card? It's happened to me a few times but i don't know what it means, I generally just get strange looks from everyone else, cant see anything on the Luas site to say what its for.

Any ideas?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

It happens to me too, it's very strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 balllad21

tell me about it, i always feel like i've done something wrong so just run away!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The cynic in me says it is so embarrassing, that you won't do it again, so more revenue for Veolia by paying the maximum even if going one or two stops!!

I have to say that on the few occasions I have used Luas I have ALWAYS forgotten to tag off. I'd say I am not alone in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 balllad21

That is a pretty cynical view alright, but there may be some truth in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

It's happened to me too, I think it happens if you hit your card/wallet off the sensor, rather than swiping it, if the machine's having a sensitive day. Anytime it's happened to me, I've been running and banged my wallet off the machine. Makes me run that bit faster...

• Advertisement
Advertisement