Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City and County councils

Options
  • 22-03-2010 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Am just curious to hear what people think of this and whether the mods think it is do-able in the Limerick forum.

Was reading through the Dublin City forum a few weeks back and it caught my eye that there was a post from someone on the Dublin City Council listing something the council wanting to do, and that they were looking for public opinion and/or ideas on how to improve the idea.

It struck me as a really good way for a city or council authority to get direct feedback from members of the public on things so I emailed the local city authorities here on it and included a link to the Dublin thread in question as an example of what I meant. I received a very generic email back which just thanked me for my interest in the local authority.

The Dublin thread was quite good as people were honest about why they thought something was a good or bad idea and were quite good in offering their own suggestions with little of no flaming or trolling going on.

It would also be a good way for our local authorities to hear about various local issues.

I made a comment in another thread today with regards to the local papers who read Boards and get news stories from it, maybe there is someone from the local authorities hear in the Limerick forum who could mull over this idea and if they thought it was worthwhile and the mods thought so too, then a representive from the LCC could get in touch with a mod/owner on Boards and set up threads when something was being announced or opinions wanted.

Advertisement