Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interent Options in Annacotty?

Options
  • 22-03-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭

Moving there next month and am wondering what my interent options are.

NTL is not available :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Where in Annacotty?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

I also would like to purchase the Interent product???? WTF is it???

You will be able to get DSL from most of the major providers around the Annacotty area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Smart are best avoided - They've been having quality of service issues since being taken over.

- Search over here for more......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Buglim wrote: »

you are very witty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Jumpy wrote: »
    Where in Annacotty?
    Jumpy wrote: »
    You will be able to get DSL from most of the major providers around the Annacotty area.

Well I guess you figured it out :) Its just past Castletroy incase anyone else is wondering.
    Buglim wrote: »

Going for the typos, good one.
    Raiser wrote: »
    Smart are best avoided - They've been having quality of service issues since being taken over.

Pretty sure i searched for Annacotty and found nothing, but thanks for the heads up on smart

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

Howdy! We have Vodafone 3mg broadband and its brilliant! On the speed test its anywhere from 2.48-3mg and only €40 a month with free evening and weekend calls to landlines

I have Smart 24 mb. Works fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

I have eircom and its 49 euro for a 7mb line. its pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Have smart in annacotty and have NEVER had a problem with them. fantastic reliable service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭damoth

I have 7.6MB DSL with Digiweb although the exchange can only do up to 6MB. They told me this before I signed up though so i don't mind.

Edit: To get Smart you already have to have an activated phone line in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Raiser wrote: »

I have had smart for over 5 years and NEVER ever ever had one second of problems with them, they have a fantastic customer service, and never have any billing problems either, which is a first for telecom companies..

That said.in annacotty there is Ntl/Chorus broadband available in certain areas which are cabled, wat estate out there are u looking to move into?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

+1 for Smart. Went down twice in 2 years iirc. Both times it was back in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

steveon wrote: »
    I have had smart for over 5 years and NEVER ever ever had one second of problems with them, they have a fantastic customer service, and never have any billing problems either, which is a first for telecom companies..

That said.in annacotty there is Ntl/Chorus broadband available in certain areas which are cabled, wat estate out there are u looking to move into?

Riverbank, Its not available, I gave my exact address to them and they said it wasnt.

Im thinking of going for magnet, there is an unactive phone line in the house at the moment and they are offering free installation (including sorting out the line) and 10mb for €55 a month, anyone have any opinions on them?

Riverbank is not on the Castletroy exchange. The Annacotty one is close by though so you should get good signal with whoever you choose on that one.

Advertisement