Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who stocks Hornady for .223?

Options
  • 22-03-2010 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

The nice deal I found earlier fell through, shop out of stock temporarily.

Anyone know of other shops stocking Hornady? Preferably sub 25 for 40 grain and sub 27 for 55 grain.

Thanks muchly :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Try Joe in redmills of Goresbridge, I bought a case off him last week for a good bit less than €250 for 200.40gr
    He may not have them in stock as this was his last case but he says that he can get them in ok

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I'm told Stakums in Urlingford have them as well. There like hens teeth in Dublin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The last 3 dealers i was with were:.........

Sean Harding in Stakelums in Thurles, he has a good stock of 55gr Hornady @ €28 per box and a few 75gr (don't know price).

Sean O'Neill in Atlantic Shooting in Carlow, he has a few 40gr (i think but no 55gr) at €24-€25 per box.

John Butler in Griffin and Hawe in Athy, he has a good stock of Hornady in 40gr, 53gr (i think) and 55gr. Prices ranging from €24 -€28 per box.

Ring before traveling as stocks are clearing kinda fast.

I'm on chauffeur duty this week for the father (going around some dealers) so as i get more i'll post prices and availibility.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

johngalway wrote: »

Anyone know of other shops stocking Hornady? Preferably sub 25 for 40 grain and sub 27 for 55 grain.

hi john. i get mine from paul halleron in drangon. he will do a good deal if you buy 100 at a time or more.
    at least €25 or better for 55gr hornady v-max.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

did ya try james mc bride in athlone,hes normally well stocked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Not as yet Enda, he worked out €32 a box to the door last time I bought. The place I was checking out this morning would have been €26.50 a box to the door. As they say, I'm shopping around :)

Let me know how you get on im mad to get my hands ona selection up to the 75gr match to see what works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Rew wrote: »
    Let me know how you get on im mad to get my hands ona selection up to the 75gr match to see what works for me.

I shot some of the 75gr BTHP match which I got from Paddy O Mahoney in 'An Riocht' for circa €30 ish +/-

Very impressed with it out of the 24 inch tikka tactical barrel .223 Rem.

Tikkat3 wrote: »
    I shot some of the 75gr BTHP match which I got from Paddy O Mahoney in 'An Riocht' for circa €30 ish +/-

Ive the 20" Tac. Kerry is a long long way from e though :(

Rew wrote: »
    Ive the 20" Tac. Kerry is a long long way from e though :(

Should be equally as good I bet. Lovely round. I had well over 2 hours drive to get there myself but I bet you will pick it up else where too even though the dealers locally wouldnt stock it as its not a hunting round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Hi john,

I cleaned Duffy's out of 220's a couple of years ago, seem to remember seeing 23's there, worth a try.

hi tikkat3. i have the 20" t3 tac. and i have fired it out to 500y with the 75gr BTHP match. with great results.
    i was thinking about getting the 308 version in 24". how do you find it for handeling & what do you mainly use it for.
    (i know yours is the .223);)

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    hi tikkat3. i have the 20" t3 tac. and i have fired it out to 500y with the 75gr BTHP match. with great results.
    i was thinking about getting the 308 version in 24". how do you find it for handeling & what do you mainly use it for.

Hi poulo6.5,

500yards!:eek: well done! I have never shot at anything near those distances.

I find the 24 inch barrel grand but stick a moderator onto it and it is a handful, not something I would like to be hunting with.

Mine was bought for target shooting, but alas due to lack of time I have only put around 100 rounds max through it so I am still only getting used to it. Very accurate though :)

Hi poulo6.5,

500yards!:eek: well done! I have never shot at anything near those distances.

I find the 24 inch barrel grand but stick a moderator onto it and it is a handful, not something I would like to be hunting with.

Mine was bought for target shooting, but alas due to lack of time I have only put around 100 rounds max through it so I am still only getting used to it. Very accurate though :)

i only did it reciently with a lad from boards called shanmoll308, he does targot shooting and he had me getting real good groups at 100y straight away and then 2-3-4-500y . i would never have done it by my self, but i know what i need to do now. he said the rifle should be able to group out to 800y so i'm looking forward to trying that.

its a pitty you dont get out more with that rifle, if its anything like mine it loves to shoot. you will have no bother getting 1/2 moa groups or better with that rifle.;)

this is a pic of a 6" steel plate shot at 500y with 75gr BTHP match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

endasmail wrote: »
    did ya try james mc bride in athlone,hes normally well stocked

Hes 55grn Varmint express and 40grain Moly
    No 55grn Moly my Favourite, but he has them on Order.

I e-mailed Hornady, next shipment in the country is due in May. So order with your dealer aas hornady comes through Gowen and Bradshaw, but they will not tak orders from Jo0e Bloggs the feckers :mad:
    No matter how big the order!
    Duffy in Galway has no 55grn Moly either. waiting on same shipment

if anybody has 55grain Hornady MOLY let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

Hi JG, I text Pat in Island Sports today, he has 53g Hornady... €25 a box...

smallfry

smallfry wrote: »

smallfry

Does he have 55Grn Moly coated rounds? Can you text him for me please?
    I'm down to 10 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

What twist rate ya usin Paulo?
    cheers...

kay 9 wrote: »
    cheers...

Hi Kay 9,

My 24 inch tactical .223 is an 8 inch twist, and I think the 20 inch barrel is the same. Good to stabilise those heavier rounds,

kay 9 wrote: »
    cheers...

ya mine is 1 in 8" twist also. very good with heavey rounds . i never tried anything lighter than 50gr as i read on here that the twist rate in my rifle wont suit them , but i am open to correction

• Advertisement

this is a pic of a 6" steel plate shot at 500y with 75gr BTHP match.

Thats top notch shooting poulo6.5!! Well done! From looking at the plate, it would appear there is a fair bit of energy left in the 75gr at 500 yards.

smallfry wrote: »

smallfry

223 Rem 53 gr HP with Cannelure
    They are not as good as 55grn ballistic tipped moly coated rounds.
    Keep your ears out for Moly 55gn please?

223 Rem 53 gr HP with Cannelure
    They are not as good as 55grn ballistic tipped moly coated rounds.
    Keep your ears out for Moly 55gn please?
    I got my 55grn Moly coated this evening.

He has 400 4grn moly in stock and 800 55grin ballistic tipped
    jmcb Athlone. PM me if you need contact details

My man has no ammo for me and i am down to 30 rounds.

Anybody know of dealer in midlands that has Hornady 55 grain Moly COATED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

One of the dealers I go to reckons that the next consignment of ammo, including Hornady, is not due until September :eek:

One of the dealers I go to reckons that the next consignment of ammo, including Hornady, is not due until September :eek:

I was told today that only 20% of order came in this month.

So no 110 grain .308 and most importantly no .223's

It is only June. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Was down in Lakelands today. They've Hornady 55gr. I nearly 100% sure they're ballistic tips. A couple of hundred in stock. Not sure weather you can buy ammo from the website though john. 27e a box. If i had the money i would have got them

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

i was down in paul o halorans in drangan today ,

he is after getting a supply of hornady in ,,i stocked up with 55 gr v max ballistic tips ,

next shipment isnt due till sept

might be worth a phone call ref the molly's

ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

ianoo wrote: »
    i was down in paul o halorans in drangan today ,

he is after getting a supply of hornady in ,,i stocked up with 55 gr v max ballistic tips ,

next shipment isnt due till sept

might be worth a phone call ref the molly's

ian

It must be true so as I didn't hear this from Paul :eek:

• Advertisement

lads, Hornady Ammo.

110 grain .308

55grain moly V-Max .223

let me know if you know of some in stock.
    I'm willing to travel 100km from Midlands;)

Advertisement