Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabins for weekend away. Any recommendations.

Options
  • 22-03-2010 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

As you might have noticed the weather is extremely unreliable, which makes planning a camping trip very difficult.

With this in mind, does anyone have any recommendations for cabins for a weekend trip, or even just a night away.

They don’t necessarily have to be lake side, but its nice to have the option.

I would prefer somewhere that is not joined on to a load of other cabins.

Has anyone ever stayed in such a place, or heard of any?

Leinster based would be ideal.

Thanks in advance Folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

+1, Id love to hear of a nice place to get away for a night or two over Easter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Depends what you mean by cabins - I presume you mean the log variety? I know there is a place a few miles from Glenmalure that rents 3 bed log cabins/bungalows. There are other places up in Cavan (near a lake) and close to the shannon.

You could try googling "Self catering", "cabins" etc, and selecting the ireland only option. Sites like go ireland, discover ireland.ie etc have a big selection but the properties can be a bit bland and are mainly houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

dogmatix wrote: »
    Depends what you mean by cabins - I presume you mean the log variety? I know there is a place a few miles from Glenmalure that rents 3 bed log cabins/bungalows.
    Yes there's this place. I've never been there myself so can't offer any opinions, but here you go ...

http://www.glenmalure.com/

Advertisement