Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Dentist?

Options
  • 22-03-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

I need to find a good dentist in the city or even county who isnt intent on just pulling the tooth to solve the problem or who scares the hell out of me :o

Any recommendations please? Thanks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Cobbe
    Noelle
    Unit 10
    Racefield Centre
    Fr Russell Rd
    061 - 308300

Cannot recommend her enough has several visits in the past few months including a tooth removal and very satisfied. minimul pain. nice and relaxed. def recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Thank you :) I will give her a buzz, I need to make an urgent appointment. I should have a checked before posting this query cos just realised there has been a few threads on this topic already... opps.

But thanks again

If you are in pain she will generally fit you in asap...

I turned up at 9am with no phone call after getting a tooth half knocked out by and elbow in training and by 9:30 i was on my way to work :)

To be honest i think its the most professional service ive seen in Ireland in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

If you are in pain she will generally fit you in asap...

I turned up at 9am with no phone call after getting a tooth half knocked out by and elbow in training and by 9:30 i was on my way to work :)

To be honest i think its the most professional service ive seen in Ireland in years!

Real hard work was already done by the Midfielders Elbow!!!!

Raiser wrote: »
    Real hard work was already done by the Midfielders Elbow!!!!

i think not!!!

it was some light ground fighting that got a bit carrier away...

lesson kids...always wear your gum shield!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭manna452121

Eamonn Noonan in Ellen st is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Eamonn Noonan in Ellen st is very good.
    I'll happily back this up. I had two appointments with this guy over the last month. Professional service done with minimal fuss. He is also very pleasant as is his dental nurse.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Stan the man

F.P. O'Callaghan

Rosewood
    Caherdavin Cross
    Ennis Rd

061 - 452 402

Excellent, good doctor. And without pain - I know something about it!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭toothie

Aidan Higgins on O'Connell Avenue is very good.

Aidric wrote: »
    I'll happily back this up. I had two appointments with this guy over the last month. Professional service done with minimal fuss. He is also very pleasant as is his dental nurse.

nurse.jpg

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bridgeman

Hi, Brian Mc Cabe Raheen very good 061 225533

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I've been going to Annette O'Donovan in the Alexandra Dental practise for years now, and would really reccomend her.
    http://www.limerickdentist.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

bridgeman wrote: »
    Hi, Brian Mc Cabe Raheen very good 061 225533

I'll second that one

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Dennis Kerrisk, 81 O'Connel street, 086 8220398 / 061 312300

Absolutely brilliant dentist, went to him a few times over the last two months, very quick and very painless, was in and out in 20 minutes each time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

F.P. O'Callaghan

Rosewood
    Caherdavin Cross
    Ennis Rd

061 - 452 402

Excellent, good doctor. And without pain - I know something about it!:(

I used to go to this guy but only for the yearly check up so I suppose any dentist seems good when you only go once a year
    toothie wrote: »

I moved to this guy now, he's a friend of my parents and also takes medical cards (good for poor students like me) he seems very good, only been once but going next month for a filling I think so I'll find out then :(

alan1990 wrote: »
    I used to go to this guy but only for the yearly check up so I suppose any dentist seems good when you only go once a year

He cured me three teeth. One tooth pulled, cleaned and reviewed every year. I know him and know that he's good. He also accepts MC. I know something about the poor students. :)

Regards. :eek:

Gneez wrote: »
    Dennis Kerrisk, 81 O'Connel street, 086 8220398 / 061 312300

Absolutely brilliant dentist, went to him a few times over the last two months, very quick and very painless, was in and out in 20 minutes each time

Yes heard about him Gneez... but when I rang yesterday they couldnt guarantee me an appointment in the next few days, more so after she asked was I there before! So got an appointment with the first recommendation Noelle in Raheen for tomorrow morning.

Yes heard about him Gneez... but when I rang yesterday they couldnt guarantee me an appointment in the next few days, more so after she asked was I there before! So got an appointment with the first recommendation Noelle in Raheen for tomorrow morning.

Have heard its impossible to get an appointment with Dennis allright - he must fill your teeth, serve caviare on fine imported crackers and then cut your toenails before singing the hits of Elton John with keyboard accompaniment.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Raiser wrote: »
    Have heard its impossible to get an appointment with Dennis allright - he must fill your teeth, serve caviare on fine imported crackers and then cut your toenails before singing the hits of Elton John with keyboard accompaniment.

yeah in fairness, my first appointment was 3 weeks after I walked in there, my second appointment was another 3 weeks and my third was another 3 weeks after that, he is pretty busy BUT he took medical card and was quick and painless, so I guess for immediate problems its better to find someone who's less booked up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

toothie wrote: »

dr Higgins isn't very accommodating though (with appointment times) - and neither are he or his lady assistant approachable enough when it comes to discussing different treatment options or the cost of treatment. as in, they don't go into details much (if at all), and frankly, to me they seem to care more about their time and money than about their patients' best interests. in fairness, they are quick (and probably effective) but it does seem to come at an expense.

I went to a dentist that was recommended here but the cost is horrific they are charging in general in this country so have booked an appointment with a hungarian firm who are doing consultations in Limerick this Friday, aftercare will be in Limerick. So Im interested now to see what they can offer me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I went to Joe Barry in Bally Keeffe who told me I needed 5 fillings! :eek:
    even though I never had a single filling in my entire life up until I went
    to him. Got the impression he was finding issues that may not have been there!

Got two done, I was supposed to go back to get 3 more done but I never did, One was white coloured but the other was a horrid grey colour.
    Would have preferred the two to be white so they were not noticeable.
    Did not go back to get the others done.

Had Lots of issues with me teeth growing up between getting one removed from behind my nose by cutting through the roof of my mouth, to having braces, train tracks, night brace, wisdom teeth with bone fragments left in my gums causing wounds to not heal, and teeth removed from over crowding, from 12-25 I've had regular trips to people inspecting my teeth so
    they are hardly neglected. (Have only 25 out of my 32 teeth due to overcrowding)

Went to another Dentists up in Church Road (Possibly McCabe?) who reminded me for some reason of George Clooney.
    He was doing a periodic check and a clean
    and said I needed no fillings at all. I told him that I supposed to get 3 fillings still and he said Nope! your teeth are fine.

Left me a little confused. The first Guy I was paying so he either may
    have been finding problems that were not there, or he was checking my teeth more carefully.

The second guy I was getting a free check up via PRSI and I felt he barely
    looked at me, and I was in and out very quickly.

Speaking of Dentists I cant remember but there was some scheme or entitlement
    related to PRSI that let you get 2 free check ups a year. Not sure if it still exists or not.

~B

bullets wrote: »
    I went to Joe Barry in Bally Keeffe who told me I needed 5 fillings! :eek:
    even though I never had a single filling in my entire life up until I went
    to him. Got the impression he was finding issues that may not have been there!

Got two done, I was supposed to go back to get 3 more done but I never did, One was white coloured but the other was a horrid grey colour.
    Would have preferred the two to be white so they were not noticeable.
    Did not go back to get the others done.

Had Lots of issues with me teeth growing up between getting one removed from behind my nose by cutting through the roof of my mouth, to having braces, train tracks, night brace, wisdom teeth with bone fragments left in my gums causing wounds to not heal, and teeth removed from over crowding, from 12-25 I've had regular trips to people inspecting my teeth so
    they are hardly neglected. (Have only 25 out of my 32 teeth due to overcrowding)

Went to another Dentists up in Church Road (Possibly McCabe?) who reminded me for some reason of George Clooney.
    He was doing a periodic check and a clean
    and said I needed no fillings at all. I told him that I supposed to get 3 fillings still and he said Nope! your teeth are fine.

Left me a little confused. The first Guy I was paying so he either may
    have been finding problems that were not there, or he was checking my teeth more carefully.

The second guy I was getting a free check up via PRSI and I felt he barely
    looked at me, and I was in and out very quickly.

Speaking of Dentists I cant remember but there was some scheme or entitlement
    related to PRSI that let you get 2 free check ups a year. Not sure if it still exists or not.

~B

Thieves for the most part; although will admit there's bound to be a few honest ones - somewhere (Hungary maybe?)

- I worked with a Girl who decided not to get the 3 supposedly needed Fillings done as she had a Birthday night out later on - Went back a few weeks later to a different Dentist and was told she was fine - Asked about the 3 fillings - got double-checked and was told no way.......

Same Dentist had given me a number of hefty fillings in teeth that never had a twinge a few year earlier than I heard this account......

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

Actually got my yearly clean done on my teeth the other day from dentist near Kilmurry lodge. bloody cost me 65 euro. used to get it free so didnt bother asking any questions before i made appointment so when i was finished and was told by receptionist that the cost was 65 euro i was quiet shocked.she said department of something had changed it now so clean isnt paid for thru prsi any more.damn. think il clean my teeth myself in future for that price.

A Brillo Pad and Domestos is....... almost certainly a poor approach to this but I agree with the sentiment........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭bertisevil

I went to a dentist that was recommended here but the cost is horrific they are charging in general in this country so have booked an appointment with a hungarian firm who are doing consultations in Limerick this Friday, aftercare will be in Limerick. So Im interested now to see what they can offer me.

i know someone who did this..had to go to budapest for treatment but in the end it worked out very well for them

bertisevil wrote: »
    i know someone who did this..had to go to budapest for treatment but in the end it worked out very well for them

Thats reassuring bertisevil, thanks, you wouldnt happen to know which company or dentist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

who's gonna do the aftercare?

• Advertisement

They will arrange a consulation with one of their dental parnters who will assess the problem and make recommendations for remedial work if needed. As far as Im aware they have aftercare partner clinics in Dublin and in Limerick. Ill give them a try, they had plenty of Limerick references to show me and mainly its working out ALOT cheaper.

Advertisement