Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Dentist?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

can you post their details? i'd be very interested... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

I can't recommend Shiels dental clinic by Scotts bar high enough. I had a terrible phobia of dentists until i went to this guy. I still get anxious, but am nowhere near as bad. a little on the expensive side apparently, but worth it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

electron wrote: »
    who's gonna do the aftercare?

You could get a Taxi to Budapest and still save money due to the prices our thieving Bástard Dentists are ripping us off for...... Their accounts should be retrospectively audited and refunds given dating back to the year they Graduated from Ripoff Plaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

electron wrote: »
    can you post their details? i'd be very interested... :D

Sanco Dental http://www.sancodental.ie/
    Consultations are every few weeks in Limerick at the Medipol centre.
    I havnt had the work done yet just the consultation last week so cant really say what I think of them yet but thats the details anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

thanks, that's great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jvrk

A good dentist for phobia havent been in 6 years and now im in agony. Need molar pulled that got half knocked out 2 years ago and now decaying and im in pain so much pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

Ruth Murphy in Castletroy is an angel.
    I hadnt been in years n years and had a super rotten tooth. She is non judgemental and really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

jvrk wrote: »
    A good dentist for phobia havent been in 6 years and now im in agony. Need molar pulled that got half knocked out 2 years ago and now decaying and im in pain so much pain.

Have you ever though of going down the sedation route?

My sis has a real phobia of dentists and she got sedation done with Annette O'Donovan on O'Connell ave. I think its a good route to go down if your a very nervous patient.

http://www.limerickdentist.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Jofspring

jvrk wrote: »

Tommy Guinan in Dooradoyle is a very good dentist and they are all very nice out there. His address is below*. My dad would not go near a dentist for years but when he went to him he said he felt very comfortable. I know plenty of Dentists around town and what i find is the Younger dentists tend to be the easiest to get on with and a lot of people feel very comfortable around them. Dentistry has come a long way since the older Dentists/Butchers that would just pull a tooth at the sign of any pain and looked down on patients.

*Abbey Dental
    9 Silverbirch Grove
    Dooradoyle
    Limerick

061-305653

Advertisement