Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info for stag in kilkenny

Options
  • 22-03-2010 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

well folks, am organising a stag in kilkenny for a few weeks from now
    were stayin in place called kilford arms, any1 know if it good place for stayin??? looking for some good places to head to and maybe things to do during the day, is the any decent strip clubs down there???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Kilford is a kip imo, No strip clubs as it was constantly protested and covered by the local paper, funnily enough now it's a gay bar it's to un pc to protest. Tbh mate kk is a kip, much better places to go out on a session

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

The Kilford Arms? Well La Dee Da!

Regarding the strip club, well you're fresh out of luck.. The Legion of Mary deprived us of only den of sin. Well, to be more specific they forced it to become a den of a different type of sin. It is now a gay bar (equally amoral from a religious point of view, yet they have been rather quiet about that, oddly enough).

*Edit
    Damn you Raze you beat me to it! And damn my uber slow keyboard skillz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Kilford is a kip imo, No strip clubs as it was constantly protested and covered by the local paper, funnily enough now it's a gay bar it's to un pc to protest. Tbh mate kk is a kip, much better places to go out on a session

I stayed in the place last year on a stag and agree its not a great place to stay, even warned off the place from taxi men and locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

This is one of the best reviews I've ever read on tripadvisor. Title was 'Madness' yet they still gave the Kilford 5/5.

Stayed for a weekend purely for a laugh, everything was fine until the saturday night, i saw a man wearing adidas training pants a wife beater (sleeveless tshirt) showing me his wolf tattoo that looked like he drew it on with a crayon. In the night club one of residents brought in his dog who was free to run about, the bar staff were nice but intoxicated. highlight of the weekend was the arm wrestling tournament on sunday that seemed like it was a weekly thing.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186616-d568838-r54470167-Kilford_Arms_Hotel-Kilkenny_County_Kilkenny.html#REVIEWS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ramcelt23

cheers for the word on the gay bar.....lol!!
    kilford arms really that bad of a spot to stay in tho, bit frustrated with that coz looked alrite and cant really change it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 fraido

Kilford wouldn't be the best place to stay but realsitically how much time you gonna be spending in there and as for location it doesn't get better, 5 mins walk from centre of town and langtons is right outside the door as are a couple of chippers!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fraido wrote: »
    Kilford wouldn't be the best place to stay but realsitically how much time you gonna be spending in there and as for location it doesn't get better, 5 mins walk from centre of town and langtons is right outside the door as are a couple of chippers!

Blue door chipper, savage.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Tbh mate kk is a kip, much better places to go out on a session

:D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 D bold one

ramcelt23 wrote: »
    were stayin in place called kilford arms, any1 know if it good place for stayin??? looking for some good places to head to and maybe things to do during the day, is the any decent strip clubs down there???
    U pickd d best place in Ireland 4 d stag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Kilford is a grand spot lad, and theres a new night blub in it called Pegasis. Ye will defo enjoy it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Pegasus, bah! It doesn't matter what mythological nomenclature from the golden age of Greece that is applied to it, it will always be The Coo to me and it will always hold a very special place in my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Where should you stay then in Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

If it's for a stag weekend the Kilford Arms will be grand.
    A friend stayed there last year and said the prices were fair and the rooms were clean.
    As for a watering hole it'd probably be recommended to travel a bit further into town as you'd be sharing a pub with several other stag and hen parties and there are better pubs put there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

ramcelt23 wrote: »

there is no strip clubs but other than that you are on to a good thing. There will other stags and and hens in the kilford and you can go mad without the fear of getting removed from the hotel/bar. I'd imagine you'll also get late one's in the residence bar...always ni ce....byrne pub (1 minute up the road) does the nicest breakfast and it is apted called the Monster breakfast which is great for sorting out the head when it is a bit hairy.
    Langtons would be good for a stag on saturday night but you have to go up in small groups and not be be total plasted or you won't get in...i recommend the field which in the center for general madness and morrisons just up to road would be worth hitting later on the friday night..... If your a celtic head (by name i'm assuming you are) egans pub 2 minutes from the kilford door is a celtic supporters club...... If it's any way sunny head down to the river court during the day for a few large bottles is a good way to past the the day. good luck with your night

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Are the pubs & Clubs in Kilkenny town still stopping groups of lads from coming in?

They really seemed to be anti-stag/B'day party last Nov when I was there with a group (for a 30th).

Found Waterford City & Cork city to be far better spots for that kind of session ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Every time I come on here theres always a post about a stag/hen in Kilkenny...

Does anything else ever go on in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Apparently a dog drank a pint the other week. Other than that, no.

Plenty of good drinking spots for a stag. As for the Kilford, I agree with the assessment that you should spend as little time there as possible. And whatever you do, never go into the nightclub there. It's just godawful.

I know the Left Bank doesn't let in large groups, esp. stags and hens but is there anywhere else that do it? I know a guy who works in the Left Bank and he said the reason they do that is because every other big bar in KK serves them so the management there figured they could cater to the people who want to avoid stag and hen nights and clean up. And they do!

Unless you're getting married to Brian O'Driscoll. Then they'll go out of their way to accomodate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Threadhead wrote: »
    Apparently a dog drank a pint the other week. Other than that, no.

Plenty of good drinking spots for a stag. As for the Kilford, I agree with the assessment that you should spend as little time there as possible. And whatever you do, never go into the nightclub there. It's just godawful.

I know the Left Bank doesn't let in large groups, esp. stags and hens but is there anywhere else that do it? I know a guy who works in the Left Bank and he said the reason they do that is because every other big bar in KK serves them so the management there figured they could cater to the people who want to avoid stag and hen nights and clean up. And they do!

Unless you're getting married to Brian O'Driscoll. Then they'll go out of their way to accomodate you.

So the ordinary job soap is told to get lost, uless your loaded or a celb/ sports star, great image for the left bank, to be honest I wouldnt think much of the left bank at all, but it is the best of a bad bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

So the ordinary job soap is told to get lost, uless your loaded or a celb/ sports star, great image for the left bank, to be honest I wouldnt think much of the left bank at all, but it is the best of a bad bunch

I'm sure they wouldn't tell you to get lost.... unless if you're in a massive group for a stag.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Yeah, it has to be said, it's probably one of the politest pubs in town and none of the bull**** you get from most other places. But if Joe Soap wants a stag night they'll have none of it. If Joe Celebrity does, out come the chicken wings and cocktail sausages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement