Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco Lite

Options
  • 22-03-2010 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

My samsung tocco lite screen is cracked half of the screen is all black :mad:
    Vodafone are looking for 80 euro to repair it.
    What is the cheapest way to repair it? Can I just buy a screen of ebay? will that fix the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That vodafone price is not bad 80 would be about the least it would cost, you could try it yourself but unless you know what your doing i wouldn't advise it, there's a guide here on how to take it apart http://www.formymobile.co.uk/s5230disassembly.php , it might look easy in the pictures but remember these guys who put up the guides are well trained, if you've no experience in repair i'd leave it to the professionals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Horrible hateful phone! got one as an upgrade a few months back and gave it away after a week of frustration and frayed temper. Back using my 5yr old Nokia now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

one1 wrote: »
    My samsung tocco lite screen is cracked half of the screen is all black :mad:
    Vodafone are looking for 80 euro to repair it.
    What is the cheapest way to repair it? Can I just buy a screen of ebay? will that fix the problem?

Is the phone not 99 squid new? Sure you might aswell buy a new one then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭one1

App its a LCD bleed

Is there anyway I can repair this myself?

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

one1 wrote: »
    App its a LCD bleed

Is there anyway I can repair this myself?

You could do it yourself if you wanted too. It takes a bit of time an effort but its not to hard. Its gonna cost you about €30 for a screen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

Knock your self out
    Linky

Ebay is the only place for this sort of stuff

Just bear in mind that you might screw it up and and the only one you can blame is yourself. On the other hand in good fun to take apart a phone and fix it yourself, great sense of satisfaction once you have done it successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭jomc

if your in dublin try fonemenders in sandyford,might be cheaper

I managed to get the phone apart and removed the broken lcd anyone know where I could purchase a cheap lcd screen?;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement