Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My first attempt at HDR - for C&C

• 22-03-2010 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭

No 1
    4454309024_765970b0f4_o.jpg

No 2
    4454308920_1bd00849a5_o.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

1 - this is not HDR, that's something else.

2 - it is, however, a good go at using tone curves and levels to add contrast and range to areas of the image- you can see some of your brush strokes on the trator, though I think.

I do like these images, keep it up but don't call it HDR, it makes baby jeebus cry... THIS is HDR : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging#Example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

neither look like they made full use of HDR technique, first one seems too flat, just looks like an ordinary picture in a sepia style tone. Second one the effect is better, but unlike where others over do it, you seem to have under-done it. If ya get me. Nothing wrong with the pictures they just don't 'pop' like a HDR should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

The tractor in #2 looks soft somehow (I'm inclined to blame my eyes)?

And this isn't HDR. There's nothing here that shows off good compression of highlights and shadows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

No 1 is a Photomatix blend of 3 photos taken in Raw, @ -1, 0 and +1
    I turned it to b&w to avoid the usual cartoon effect, with a sepia tone for effect.

No 2 is from 1 RAW photo, converted using CS4 RAW editor to 3 different exposures at -.75, 0 and +.76. however, the photo was take at ISO3200 so this has resulted in the softness.
    The 3 images were blended in Photmatix to produce the HDR.
    PP on no 2 was done in CS4, with selective colouring using a mask on the tractor only, and then desaturated the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

# 1. needs some kind of bust, i'd run it through photomatix again and give the highlights a boost, darken the blacks a wee bit and see if it lifts it a bit. Should have a kind of subtle 3D effect for a HDR or it will simply look like an ordinary photo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement