Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re Citeh Away

Options
  • 22-03-2010 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

The Citeh game looks like it could decide fourth now. We need to beat Portsmouth and then we have a buffer for the tough Sunderland away (points please) followed by the top three clashes. Come through that and the last week is Boltoon and Burnley at home, with Citeh away sandwiched in between.
    I'm planning to go over, and was just looking for some advice. The only afternoon flight from Dublin is leaving at 17-50, arriving at 18.45. This leaves 75 minutes to get to the stadium. Is that doable? How likely is the flight to be held up? I can't see any other option for me but to leg it by taxi from the airport. Is traffic bad on that route? Would really appreciate input here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Get a train from Manchester airport direct to Picadilly station [no traffic]. They are fairly regular and takes about 25 mins I think. The COM stadium is about 15/20 min walk from Picadilly station in Manchester. Very handy actually.

Well do-able if train times suit and stress free unlike a taxi going nowhere.

Plus you'll save a fortune as train will be much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'm planning to go over, and was just looking for some advice. The only afternoon flight from Dublin is leaving at 17-50, arriving at 18.45. This leaves 75 minutes to get to the stadium. Is that doable? How likely is the flight to be held up? I can't see any other option for me but to leg it by taxi from the airport. Is traffic bad on that route? Would really appreciate input here.

It's doable, but if anything goes wrong you'll be sweating.

How likely is it that the flight will be delayed? I'll let you know once I've sorted out my lotto numbers tbh ;)

You could get the train to Picadilly (they are very frequent) and jump in a taxi there which might speed things up a little. IIRC the traffic isn't too bad on match days, though last time I was there was a weekend.

Have a look here for more info:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/manchester_city/train.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Thanks for that lads. I think I'll chance it. There's no earlier flight that will work as I'm working and couldn't get to the airport before 4pm in any event. If the flights on time I'm laughing. That game is just so huge for us, and if most of the wounded are back we'll take them.
    The train looks the best bet. Checked details online, and they seem fine.
    I've never travelled away before. What's the deal with getting to the ground in terms of policing, security etc? Sorry, total novice I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I've never travelled away before. What's the deal with getting to the ground in terms of policing, security etc? Sorry, total novice I know.

I've always travelled with mates, and never walked up to the ground (we were 10mins late one day trying to get a taxi)

Don't wear any colours, there's a bit of niggle between us and them and you don't want to draw attention to yourself.

Other than that there'll be loads heading up that way, so just follow the crowd and you'll be fine.

I might be travelling to this myself and if I am I'll let you know the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Should be a cracker. Lovely stadium, was there 3/4 years ago when we won 2 nil, great night. Had a fair few singing in Jurys after the game :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement