Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

To get it in three days, you must have a flight booked. If you bring in the flight details, they will issue it for the day before your flight (minimum 3 working days).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

My sister received hers yesterday. 15 working days. I sent off my own application, stupidly late mind. I'm due to travel on September 13th so I'm leaving things very tight, as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Hey guys can only find old information on this but I'm not optimistic:

A friend is travelling to East Midlands Airport in the UK tomorrow, her passport is expired.

Will a driving license work? Or do Ryanair demand passports?

Thanks

EDIT: Just found some up-to-date info. Ryanair seem to be the only ones that want a passport. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Check before you book flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hi all, the wife's passport is saying Recieved on the 8th and being checked, it has an issue date of the 21st. We are flying out Monday morning, she rang yesterday and we offered to call down for it. We were told we would have it by weekend. I have my doubts though. Should I call down.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Hi all, the wife's passport is saying Recieved on the 8th and being checked, it has an issue date of the 21st. We are flying out Monday morning, she rang yesterday and we offered to call down for it. We were told we would have it by weekend. I have my doubts though. Should I call down.

Check it tomorrow afternoon, if its posted then you should have it friday, if not call them before they close.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Check it tomorrow afternoon, if its posted then you should have it friday, if not call them before they close.

Mine was not here within 10 working days. I emailed them with the confirmation number and told them it was urgent as I was travelling next week. They phoned me, It arrived today ( 13 working days). I wouldn't leave it to chance that there could be a 1/2 day delay with the post. I would go to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Hope someone can help with this:)

My Irish passport has expired and I intend to get a new one this week.
    However the questions is,I was born in the UK with Irish parents and I do have an Irish passport so do I need to send my parents birth certificates again like I did the first time I applied for an Irish passport or do I just send the expired passport with my renewel form?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MRG77

You just need to send your old irish passport with you application form and photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

For those following on the passport tracker and wondering where they are in the various stages: this is how it went for me. I applied for passport express (supposed to be 10 working days) and it arrived today.

1st Working Day - Application has been received and has been registered.
    15th Working Day - Approved on 22/08/2012.
    17th Working Day Morning - Passport is Printed,
    Evening: - Sent via post
    18th Working Day - Delivered

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

E95 to renew a passport!! Is it just me thats shocked at the price??! :eek:

It is €88.50 to use passport express.

The UK charges €194 for a passport. Think about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

It is €88.50 to use passport express.

The UK charges €194 for a passport. Think about that.

I'd rather not!! LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dooper786

Hi all..

I submitted a new passport application on 20/08/2012 and it is still showing as "registered". Surely there should have been some action by now?

Are there some delays?

Irish Embassy in london stated a 5 week wait.

Thanks

dooper786 wrote: »
    Hi all..

I submitted a new passport application on 20/08/2012 and it is still showing as "registered". Surely there should have been some action by now?

Are there some delays?

Irish Embassy in london stated a 5 week wait.

Thanks

Nope, there wont be any action on it for a good while. Next step is with checker, and that won't be until a few days before its due to be issued

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Nope, there wont be any action on it for a good while. Next step is with checker, and that won't be until a few days before its due to be issued
    It seems an awful long time to wait. Just to clarify..on the checker,my application was registered on the 20/8/12

Unfortunately embassy applications take longer than ones made by passport express. One office in Dublin handles all the applications from all Irish embassies. You should have it around the time you were told by the embassy.

Sorry,messed my dates up. The tracker shows it was registered on 20/07/12 so on Friday of this week it will be 6 weeks and still no apparent progress !

dooper786 wrote: »
    Sorry,messed my dates up. The tracker shows it was registered on 20/07/12 so on Friday of this week it will be 6 weeks and still no apparent progress !

Ah, ok. You may be best contacting the embassy and enquiring about the status of your application. Especially if you intend to travel soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gg1987

hey guys,

wondering if yous could shed some light on this for me,

I applied for my passport (via passport express) on the 10/08/12 and on the 28/08/12 i received a letter to say i needed to include more information such as a bill (proof of add), wage slip (proof of name), photo id and long birth cert. My handbag, which contained my purse with all my photo ID inclusive of my passport ( I know so stupid to have that much stuff in my bag) was robbed at a garage a few months ago. I dont have any in date photo ID anymore just last years (2011) student card... do you think they'll except this?

Also im flying out to Spain on the 06/09/12 do you think if i go to the passport office tomorrow with

1) Current tax credit cert (showing my name and address)
    2) Original long birth cert
    3) 2 wage slips ( I work two jobs)
    4) Airtricity bill
    5) The gaurda report I have regarding the incident which my handbag was robbed
    6) Print out of my flight details

That I'll get my passport on time to go away? I've e-mailed the office with no reply and I cant get through to them on the phone so was gonna go in tomorrow.. I'm really anxious to have this sorted as due to the two jobs I only get 1 day (Friday) off a week which is my only day to get in there between now and then.

I haven't been on a holiday in 4 years now and would be heartbroken if i couldn't go ;-(

• Advertisement

Add form ML10 to that.

gg1987 wrote: »
    hey guys,

wondering if yous could shed some light on this for me,

I applied for my passport (via passport express) on the 10/08/12 and on the 28/08/12 i received a letter to say i needed to include more information such as a bill (proof of add), wage slip (proof of name), photo id and long birth cert. My handbag, which contained my purse with all my photo ID inclusive of my passport ( I know so stupid to have that much stuff in my bag) was robbed at a garage a few months ago. I dont have any in date photo ID anymore just last years (2011) student card... do you think they'll except this?

Also im flying out to Spain on the 06/09/12 do you think if i go to the passport office tomorrow with

1) Current tax credit cert (showing my name and address)
    2) Original long birth cert
    3) 2 wage slips ( I work two jobs)
    4) Airtricity bill
    5) The gaurda report I have regarding the incident which my handbag was robbed
    6) Print out of my flight details

That I'll get my passport on time to go away? I've e-mailed the office with no reply and I cant get through to them on the phone so was gonna go in tomorrow.. I'm really anxious to have this sorted as due to the two jobs I only get 1 day (Friday) off a week which is my only day to get in there between now and then.

I haven't been on a holiday in 4 years now and would be heartbroken if i couldn't go ;-(

Bring all those documents and they may accept the Student card as photo id. With a bit of luck you'll hear back from the office before you go in. If its in date it will be fine, if not its really up to the supervisor in the office.

thanks for getting back to me mmcn90, but cud i ask ur opinion on that say in an ideal world they did except my college i.d, do you think id get my passport by the 6th? or is it cutting it abit close at this stage?

gg1987 wrote: »
    thanks for getting back to me mmcn90, but cud i ask ur opinion on that say in an ideal world they did except my college i.d, do you think id get my passport by the 6th? or is it cutting it abit close at this stage?

It will be very tight, but they may be able to do it because its a return application.

fingers crossed... ill let ya no how things turn out! thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭munster87

What is the quickest way to get a new passport? I know there's the usual 10 day standard wait but is there quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I walk past the passport office on Molesworth St every morning and there is a regular queue of about 50 people waiting for rushed passport applications. As for the 10 day "guarantee", it's more of a guideline to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

munster87 wrote: »
    What is the quickest way to get a new passport? I know there's the usual 10 day standard wait but is there quicker?

Book a flight, print out your ticket, then bring it to Molesworth st to get your emergency (rushed) passport.
    10 day express has always worked for me. You will get within 10 business days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭munster87

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Rasmus wrote: »
    Book a flight, print out your ticket, then bring it to Molesworth st to get your emergency (rushed) passport.
    10 day express has always worked for me. You will get within 10 business days.

This summer was the busiest time in the office , My daughter got 13 days and my ex-wife also got 13 days too recently. My daughter was lucky because she got the passport on the last day before flying to Spain last July. Lesson Learned, from now on, will apply for passport if my passport due to end within four months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement