Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shampooman

Thanks very much scrote! :) I'll give them a buzz Tuesday and see what they can do. Hope I get it in time *fingers crossed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Had problems couple of weeks ago.. Wouldn't have had it back in the days originally indicated. They WONT answer the phone in Cork. Had to get it collected. Not the service I paid for :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shampooman

Hey Fuerte,

Sorry to hear that! I know sounds silly and probably childish but I attached a note along with my application promising them free drink if I get it in time. Made in jest but you know yourself! :) I did try calling them at the start of the week and I was on hold for a looooong timem so long that I just eventually hung up.

I guess I can only cross my fingers now, sorry again to hear about your situation but hope you did eventually get it in time!

Thanks for the reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

shampooman wrote: »
    Hey Fuerte,

Sorry to hear that! I know sounds silly and probably childish but I attached a note along with my application promising them free drink if I get it in time. Made in jest but you know yourself! :) I did try calling them at the start of the week and I was on hold for a looooong timem so long that I just eventually hung up.

I guess I can only cross my fingers now, sorry again to hear about your situation but hope you did eventually get it in time!

Thanks for the reply!

Got it from my brother on the morning we traveled. Stress before the holiday starts is not good, but yea we got there. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Not the service I paid for :mad:

Yeah a whole €9 doesn't buy you the obedience in your public servants it used to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Hey guys, just wondering if I'll get my expired passport back after I get my new one? Would hate to lose the visa stamps I got!

Double post :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ericaa wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering if I'll get my expired passport back after I get my new one? Would hate to lose the visa stamps I got!
    You will get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭greenoverred

Hi,

Just found myself in a spot of bother with a passport application for an infant.

Applied for passport on 29th of September by express post. Just checked status and am after finding out they could not process the application and are sending out a letter to explain why. Ive racked my brains to figure out whats wrong with it and the only thing I can think of was parents id may not have been sent.

Anyway the problem is we are meant to travel on Thursday.

What are the chances of getting this sorted and whats the best way around it.

If I bring whatever they are looking for to the passport office Monday evening (cant get in any earlier as I have to wait for postman to return original application) will I have the passport by Wednesday evening.

You will get it back.
    Awesome, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Hey I am looking to go over to Liverpool in 2 weeks. But one of the passangers hasn't got a passport. So just wondering is their any way to get over? I have had a check of ferry's but can't seem to my head around it with no easy book option. You can't seem to get the boat to Liverpool just as a foot passenger with no car. So just wondering what I can do. Thanks for any help as I am really stuck for ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭easygoing39

You dont need a passport to enter the UK if you are a Irish national.And if I was going to Liverpool by ferry I'd go to Hollyhead and then get a train.That ferry to Lpool takes years!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Hi, your friend will have to bus it from Dub to Liverpool...Google eurolines..

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Aer Lingus accept a drivers licence for travl from Ireland to the UK.

http://www.aerlingus.com/i18n/en/htmlPopups/passport_visa_information.html

See the section under "Travel Between Ireland and The UK"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

hearny wrote: »
    Aer Lingus accept a drivers licence for travl from Ireland to the UK.

http://www.aerlingus.com/i18n/en/htmlPopups/passport_visa_information.html

See the section under "Travel Between Ireland and The UK"

Aer Lingus dont fly to Liverpool but you can fly in to Manchester and get the train. I've done it and its grand , much rather that than the boat and journey from Holyhead. The train leaves from Manchester airport and goes straight to Lime st , takes about an hour and costs about 15 pounds return.

Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that you will only get to Manchester.

Aer Arann have similar ID requirements but again you will be going to Manchester.
    http://www.aerarann.com/travel_information/faq.htm

If there are a few of ye travelling a taxi from Manchester to Liverpool can be cheaper and handier than a train.

Wow thanks for the very quick responses. Only 2 of us going over and she has a Drivers license so thinking Aer Lingus they have cheap flights. But wondering what times the train stops? Don't want to book the flights then be stuck there. Are the trains like the dart?

They run fairly regularly.

http://www.northernrail.org/pdfs/timetables/20120514/15.pdf

Rail network over there is different though there are different train companies so there will probably be other times too.

Think it was about 18 pound return last time I went.

Sorry that link is like a foreign language to me. But thanks for the info. 20 pound return or so would be perfect :). Id be arriving in Manchester Airport at 16:05 I should be ok for a train to Liverpool?

They seem to be every hour at 41 minutes past the hour so 16:41 is the first one.

17:41 if you miss that.

Thats assuming you are arriving on Monday to Saturday. Sundays its 35 minutes past the hour every hour.

Last one looks like its 21:41 so you will be fine, its about an hour train journey with that timetable but Im sure there are routes with less stops, I once got a direct train that was about half an hour but was given an alternative of a 22 stop train that took about 3 hours.

• Advertisement

Ah thanks very much Hearny appreciate it. If I fly into Manchester is it easy to get to the train and can I get tickets there? Sorry for so many questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

The trains run every hour , if you only have hand luggage you'll have no problem catching the 16.41 that hearny mentioned. Just go straight to the train ticket kiosk when you arrive at the airport and then straight to the platform.

Like Karen said, head straight to the desk there will be signs as the airport has a train station. head to the information desk if you want info on other train options (if you have time its worth asking).

As for all the questions thats the point of a forum so no apology necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Hi,

Just found myself in a spot of bother with a passport application for an infant.

Applied for passport on 29th of September by express post. Just checked status and am after finding out they could not process the application and are sending out a letter to explain why. Ive racked my brains to figure out whats wrong with it and the only thing I can think of was parents id may not have been sent.

Anyway the problem is we are meant to travel on Thursday.

What are the chances of getting this sorted and whats the best way around it.

If I bring whatever they are looking for to the passport office Monday evening (cant get in any earlier as I have to wait for postman to return original application) will I have the passport by Wednesday evening.

It will be prioritised. Any later than Monday evening and you would struggle though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 prestigio85

Hi,

I am due to travel to London in the near future and I can't put my hand on my passport, i'm a bit reluctant to order a new one as I know it has to be at home somewhere..

I can see that with aerlingus a drivers licence is an accepted form of ID. I just have a provisional licence and i'm wondering if anyone know's if this is accepted or if it is just full?

Hope someone can help!

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Any type of licence will do, indeed most types of photo ID will do, in date or not. Ryanair apply their own rules, you don't actually need any ID to travel between the UK and Ireland but the airlines usually look for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.aerlingus.com/travelinformation/traveladvice/passportsvisas/

Travel between Ireland and the UK or UK Domestic travel
    Citizens of Ireland and the UK must carry some form of official photo identification. Note: In order to travel between Ireland and the UK with photo identification other than a passport, passengers must have been born in Ireland or the UK and also be a citizen of either country. The following forms of photo identification are acceptable:
    Valid Passport
    Driver's licence with photo
    International student card
    National ID card / Government issued photo ID cards
    Health Insurance cards with photo / Social security cards with photo
    Bus pass with photo
    Work ID with photo
    Citizens of Ireland and the UK under the age of 16, do not need a photo ID, if travelling with their parent/guardian.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Hi all, just wondering would applying for a replacement passport from another country within the EU? Family member living abroad let it expire and has been waiting since the beginning of September about 8 weeks and no sign. Could anyone shed light on the process? Very much doubt the passport office would give me any info on the status or would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Hi all, just wondering would applying for a replacement passport from another country within the EU? Family member living abroad let it expire and has been waiting since the beginning of September about 8 weeks and no sign. Could anyone shed light on the process? Very much doubt the passport office would give me any info on the status or would they?
    Your family member should contact the Embassy or Consulate to which they applied for the replacement. They should be able to advise them as to the status of the application, or if not, how to follow up on the status.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭fairyribbon

so i lost my passport last week and reported it the gardai over the phone and they took my DOB and name etc but i found it today . Do I have to to buy a new one still ? once you report a passport midssing is it cancelled /void ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement