Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Just after sending off a passport renewal there, do they get sent back as registered post or just regular post ??

dont want it bounced back because there may be no-one to sign for it

Normal express post. No signature required

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

cheers Mark, quick response .

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    cheers Mark, quick response .

No problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Just to advise on the current timelines, I sent in for two passports on 10th and received both on Thursday 17th with passport express. Status on passport tracker had changed on one, but not the second when I checked on the 16th and a query posted on their site was answered by e-mail in 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hi, if I have lost 3 passports, and the last passport was a restricted 1 year passport, then what is the likelihood of being given another 1 year passport, and being questioned also? Is there a chance I won't get issused a passport?

• Advertisement

Hi, if I have lost 3 passports, and the last passport was a restricted 1 year passport, then what is the likelihood of being given another 1 year passport, and being questioned also? Is there a chance I won't get issused a passport?

You will be issued a passport, but, it will be heavily restricted and you may have to be interviewed by somebody from the fraud team

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

MarkMc wrote: »
    You will be issued a passport, but, it will be heavily restricted and you may have to be interviewed by somebody from the fraud team

Heavily restricted and the fraud team, don't like the sound of that. Cheers.

Heavily restricted and the fraud team, don't like the sound of that. Cheers.

Losing a restricted passport is serious and will be treated as such. I still dont understand why people bring passports on nights out (not saying you did), get a bloody age card!! (Again, this isn't directed at you, its just mad how many irish passports get lost)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭stall_the_ball

How accurate is the passport tracker? I did not use passport express and my passport has been at the received and registered stage for 2 weeks now and the issue date saying the 12/02. Can I expect it to arrive roughly around then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

How accurate is the passport tracker? I did not use passport express and my passport has been at the received and registered stage for 2 weeks now and the issue date saying the 12/02. Can I expect it to arrive roughly around then?

I sent my passport (admittedly passport express) last Monday the 16th. It came up on the site received and registered 17th/1, and there it stayed, and then yesterday afternoon it changed to passport printed, and it arrived in the post this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭StevieNicksFan

I signed my form in the presence of a Garda and I went slightly over the line. I didnt want to have to do out the whole form again so I just posted it to get it out of my sight! Should I now expect it to be returned to me because of that or are they generally ok?

I signed my form in the presence of a Garda and I went slightly over the line. I didnt want to have to do out the whole form again so I just posted it to get it out of my sight! Should I now expect it to be returned to me because of that or are they generally ok?

How much over the line? It really depends whether it can be cropped properly in the system. You may get it back unfortunately, but they'll do their best

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭StevieNicksFan

StevieNicksFan82837121]

How much over the line? It really depends whether it can be cropped properly in the system. You may get it back unfortunately, but they'll do their best[/Quote]

A 'g' went slightly under the line but the rest was grand. It's my own stupid fault, I should have been more careful!

A 'g' went slightly under the line but the rest was grand. It's my own stupid fault, I should have been more careful!

You may be ok. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

MarkMc wrote: »
    You may be ok. Fingers crossed

That's not another bio-metric indicator aswell is it?
    What about chefs or sawmill workers whose bio-metric data may change during the lifespan of their passport?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I am applying for the renewal of two passports tomorrow, (both my parents), must each application require the €9 passport express fee or can they both go in the one (up to four) for €15.50? What are the waiting list times like at the moment?

Pretty sure the €15.50 one, they'll tell you for definite in the post office. No need to fill in the payment details at the top of the form.

Time is under 10 working days afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I applied last Monday the 14th (Passport express) and recieved mine today 23rd. Only 9 days!:) Only bad thing was my picture, the head on me!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

In a bit of a predicament, hopefully somebody can help. Im living in Canada and trying to renew my passport via the embassy here, just went to get my photographs at a photography place just now and when I got them home realised they have put their date and stamp on the back of all four photographs. Tomorrow I have a appointment with the consul general for Quebec to get the photographs stamped and application signed.

How big of a stamp do they put on it when witnessing and will it be an issue that this place has put their stamps on all four?
    Also if Im sending my current passport with the application am I right in saying I don't have to send my birth cert?

The stamp shouldn't be a problem. If you're including your passport, theres no need to give your birth cert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭netopia

Faith+1 wrote: »
    I applied last Monday the 14th (Passport express) and recieved mine today 23rd. Only 9 days!:) Only bad thing was my picture, the head on me!:o

Actually only 7 WORKING days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I've just booked a trip to the US for myself and best friend. His Passport is expired and he will need a new one. When booking, I gave his middle name as Richard, but he used Francis on his old passport.

Should I try to change this on the booking details, or can he get his renewed Passport under the middle name Richard?

Cheers for all the informative replies. :rolleyes:

I will call the travel agent tomorrow then to see if it can be changed at no cost.

goz83 wrote: »
    Cheers for all the informative replies. :rolleyes:

We're not the passport office, if we can help we do. My honest answer is I dont know, ask the passport office and the travel agent.

You only posted 2 hours ago btw, the people who try their best to help don't sit by the computer, ready to fire answers at you with a 20 second response rate.

I thought I would get a quick response and it's a passport thread (i think). Usually people are banging out the answers on stuff like this, but it I admit, it's not likely a question that's been asked before. Anyway...I will ring tomorrow and will report back, as it may be useful to someone at some point.

Sorted. Changed the name at the travel agents today.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

goz83 wrote: »
    Sorted. Changed the name at the travel agents today.

Another advantage of using Travel Agent over 'self-booking'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

When I get a new passport, will the country have any way of knowing?

For example, anyone travelling to Israel will be refused entry to Saudi Arabia and anyone who enters the separatist region of Nagorno-Karbakh via Armenia will be "permanently refused entry into Azerbaijan", how can the authorities know if you have a new passport ?? I want to to some travelling when I graduate. Cheers folks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

When I get a new passport, will the country have any way of knowing?

For example, anyone travelling to Israel will be refused entry to Saudi Arabia and anyone who enters the separatist region of Nagorno-Karbakh via Armenia will be "permanently refused entry into Azerbaijan", how can the authorities know if you have a new passport ?? I want to to some travelling when I graduate. Cheers folks.

If you have a new passport you won't have any issues.

I've travelled into Arab countries on my new passport, which I only got because my old one had an Israeli stamp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

Seaneh wrote: »
    If you have a new passport you won't have any issues.

I've travelled into Arab countries on my new passport, which I only got because my old one had an Israeli stamp.

Where have you been ?? Have you been to Saudi ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement