Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You'll get your passport tomorrow.

You won't get a refund.

Why did you leave it until so late before your departure to apply? What if there had been an issue with your photo?

Also, this should be in the giant passport thread above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

If it has been sent out it will arrive tomorrow. You can track it online as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

I would say you'll have it tomorrow, use your tracking number, it will tell you what post office it was last in.....
    Got mine back about a month ago, came in about 8 working days...

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Applied for passport 9 days ago and it its status on the website is still 'Received on 11/04/2013 and has been registered'. Should the status not have moved on to next stage yet?
    Getting bit worried now has travelling next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barnabybear

PaddyCar wrote: »
    Applied for passport 9 days ago and it its status on the website is still 'Received on 11/04/2013 and has been registered'. Should the status not have moved on to next stage yet?
    Getting bit worried now has travelling next week.
    What is the "issue date" shown as?

Mine was April 18 and the passport was actually printed April 19 (according to the tracking system).

• Advertisement

Issue date is today

Issue date is today
    I guess you will get it soon. I received mine today, 4 working days after the predetermined "issue date" (and it had a long journey via the London embassy).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I applied by passport express yesterday and was told 15 working days! Just as an FYI to above...

My mother is renewing her passport atm, she has got married since her last passport was issued, so does she just need to submit her marriage certificate with the application? Does she need to submit her divorce papers from her first marriage? (Name on the old passport is her first married name).

Thanks!

Does anyone know why Irish passports are a non-standard size: about 125x92mm instead of the usual 125x88mm (B7)? At least, mine (received yesterday) is. I'm a bit worried because it looks like a fake. Is this normal for Irish passports? If so, has anyone experienced problems? I've searched the web but can't find any mention of the strange size. Have I been sent a dud passport?

Got my passport back yesterday. 10 days after application. God ive aged a lot in 10 years :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Got my passport back yesterday. 10 days after application. God ive aged a lot in 10 years :(

Is that 10 days from the day you brought it to the post office? And is it 10 working days? I'm in a bind because I've had a nightmare trying to get my daughters affidavit filled in for the last few weeks and been sent all around the town to various solicitors and commissioners for oaths, none of whom seem to exist or have 5 minutes to sign the fecking form :mad:.

I eventually had to travel to where I'm originally from to get it.
    I'm flying out on 11th May and I don't know whether to rebook the flights because I only have 9 working days before I'm due to fly (not including today).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Hi, I need my passport number and date of issue for a form I have to fill out but I don't have my passport (it's at my parent's house). Does anyone know if there's someway I could access these details online?
    Also, do passport numbers stay the same or do they change? Because I have my old passport (issued 2005, expired in 2010) here with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,450 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The passport number changes every time so the older one is no good. This is probably the busiest time of year in the Passport office so I wouldn't bother ringing them and it would be an uphill battle I'd imagine to get that data over the phone - data protection/privacy concerns and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Ring your parents house and get themto tell you.

The passport office will NOT give you your passport details over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

That passport thread is a graveyard at this stage with 3,600 posts, how do you suppose it's going to be of any use to the OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

coylemj wrote: »
    That passport thread is a graveyard at this stage with 3,600 posts, how do you suppose it's going to be of any use to the OP?

last post was 3 days ago :rolleyes:

last post was 3 days ago :rolleyes:

On the current last page there are three posts asking questions, not one of them has been answered.

There's some chance of getting a response if someone posts a new thread asking a passport question, if it gets bunged into that thread it's a dead duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 chocaddict

Hi there,
    I'm travelling abroad with my two children on May 25. Today I applied for new passports for the two children via passport express but only realised afterwards that I should have included their birth certs and my passport. I just put in their old passports.
    My query is this- do I now have to wait until they realise my mistake or should i just post on/ bring in the missing documentation to the passport office? Does anyone know whether I can do this, or do I just have to wait? I'm anxious I won't get the passports in time if I wait as they already told me today that passport express is currently taking 15 working days to process applications...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jame1991

I had to send stuff after my passport app was sent, I sent it by recorded delivery direct to Balbriggan, I enclosed a note explaining with the application number. I rung up the next morning to confirm they had it all together, and they did.

Very helpful indeed, and saved me time having to wait for it to be sent back incorrectly.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much Jame1991, will send off my docs tomorrow so. I'm in Cork so I presume I send them to the Cork office?? I'll try telephoning them tomorrow to ask this, but by the sounds of things on here, they're not the easiest to get through to..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jame1991

What you actually can do is track physical location of the application, using the PX XXXX XXXXX number that's on your Passport Express Receipt using Track and Trace. That'll tell you where it actually went to.

Perfect, thank you :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I thing I forgot to fill in my PPS number, what should I do?

I'm reapplying and a copy of my medical card (which has my ppsn on it) was sent in with the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

misslt wrote: »
    I applied by passport express yesterday and was told 15 working days! Just as an FYI to above...

That's a load of sh**e. Stop trying to scare people for fun. There's always rumours about backlogs but they usually are never true, there has been one backlog (as a result of a strike) in about the last 10 years. check passport.ie, applications are taking exactly as long as expected as they always have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Hey just checked online - week ending 17th april passport express was currently at 10 working days - no mention of delays so I don't believe its 15working days.

Anyway I came on here to ask for advice. Were going away soon and my bf sent away for a new passport. Today should be the issue date according to passport tracking but the status is still as received and registered? Should I get my bf to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

irishgirl - that happened in my case recently, on 10th day I sent them an email which was answered quickly. They informed me it was approved and that it would be despatched next day - I actually got it next day (status moved up more). So an email will probably sort it for you if you're uneasy.

chinwag wrote: »
    irishgirl - that happened in my case recently, on 10th day I sent them an email which was answered quickly. They informed me it was approved and that it would be despatched next day - I actually got it next day (status moved up more). So an email will probably sort it for you if you're uneasy.

hi thanks for the advice Ill do that today hopefully it will sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

Hi Folks,

I was just wondering has this happened to anyone before?

My passport was stolen recently and I applied for a new one, Today I recieved my new one but it was only for one year, I need a ten year because I have a visa for Canada and they will not let me in on just a year passport. I rang them and they said I was on a fraud list because I had lost two passports before down through the years. The passport office said they wouldnt give me a ten year one. Im absolutly gutted as I have a job in Canada lined up. I rang my local TD and they were great and said they would see what they could do, but the passport office seemed pretty adamant I would not get more than a year.

Has anyone heard any way you can appeal this, any advice would be great?

Regards

John

• Advertisement

chinwag wrote: »
    irishgirl - that happened in my case recently, on 10th day I sent them an email which was answered quickly. They informed me it was approved and that it would be despatched next day - I actually got it next day (status moved up more). So an email will probably sort it for you if
    you're uneasy.

I emailed them but but they are very vague in their response.I asked was there an issue with it because it was a new passport after a lost one they just wrote back saying if everything is ok it will be issued today(yesterday)checked yesterday evening and its still only being checked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement